WAG Please help me level 2 deductions...

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

To the OP- I do not know much about the new compulsory cycle of routines as my dd is now in optionals. But, I do know our head Compulsory coach stressed to all the parents this year that there will be a learning curve with the coaches AND the judges this year and to try not to focus too much on minor score differences for beam and bars. The most important thing is that your coaches are teaching solid basics. You noticed that their leaps need work and that is a good focus. As long as your dd and the other girls in her group are learning tumbling and dance skills with great form and learning basic positions, then I would trust the coaches to do their job.
Also, I know back when my dd started at L4, their whole team was doing something wrong with a turn on beam which was costing them all .3. As a parent I never knew, but the coach told us that a judge told her at the end of a rotation at a meet so she was able to fix it.
As parents we want our kids to get the best score they can, but really, any points your dd may be loosing due to text errors/interpretations really are not going to have any impact on her gymnastics future. If she is one of the gymnasts that is going to have the talent and desire to stick with it to optionals that will happen regardless.

Thank you all for the replies!! I truly appreciate it. I think gymtigermom put things into perspective. Thank you! Our gym has great basics and you can see it carried out in the upper levels.

We will work on the leap to hopefully gain a tenth or two. But all in all I am extremely pleased with my daughter's progress and she loves the gym and her coaches.

Thanks again!!

She is super cute! And I think 8.60 is a good score for that routine. She does the routine well, is nice and tight. Has a few text errors but that will happen.

Thank you saddlupasb :) she has another meet tomorrow. Its a big meet, Im excited to see how she does... Crossing my fingers she'll remember everything.

I don't have my "book" with me, so a question. On the pivot turn, is it step lock, pivot, back foot moves directly in front of the other foot, pivot? Or is it step lock, pivot, STEP (moving forward) lock, pivot?

I don't have my "book" with me, so a question. On the pivot turn, is it step lock, pivot, back foot moves directly in front of the other foot, pivot? Or is it step lock, pivot, STEP (moving forward) lock, pivot?

It is step lock pivot lock pivot. No second step, back foot just moves in front of the other.

Thanks. That's how I've been teaching it, but both the videoed routines in this thread did it the other way so I thought I had missed something.

That might be a few tenths of deductions easily cleaned up right there. Your gymnast were both adorable and their routines look great! Thanks for sharing!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back