Parents Please send fairies . . .

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

T

thnkGd4kds

for dd's clear hip to handstand! She was in tears twice last night at home over this skill, and she has only cried over gymnastics a couple times since she was 5. I guess that she did a couple ch to hs at a practice last week, but wasn't able to do any the last couple practices.

I don't like seeing her like this, of course, and I hope she doesn't fixate on this skill.

I will see if I can scare up some of these fairies at our gym tomorrow...don't personally have any of those to share...but I'll look hard for them and send them on over!!;)

I hope that it comes and stays for her soon.

My dd is having the same issues with it. Sometimes it is there and sometimes it is not. It is so frustrating. I am pretty sure she fell on her squat on at the last meet because she was looking ahead a stressing about the CHC/HS and she totally lost her focus. of course that reduced her to tears during the meet. First time that has ever happened. She has a big meet next weekend and is already stressed. I keep trying to remind myself that she is only 11 yrs old and that she hasn't quite mastered controlling her emotions yet but Gosh, I hate to see her cry.

(((Hugs))) to you all!!! I know how difficult it is to see your DD so upset & frustrated. This is a new week...a fresh start! I'm sending the bar fairies to lend a hand. You go Cait, we KNOW you can do it! Beat the bar beast!!!:D

Sending the Canadian Fairies down. Some skills just get to kids more than others, especially when they have moved along very well, it can be a shock when all of a sudden a skill doesn't come the same way.

I'm sending the Ontario fairies for Cait and Morgan's Mom! Go for it girls!

Sending the Canadian Fairies down. Some skills just get to kids more than others, especially when they have moved along very well, it can be a shock when all of a sudden a skill doesn't come the same way.

That's what Sean and I and her coaches reminded her. WE know that every gymnast faces this with a certain skill, often many times in one's gymnastics "career," but it's still frustrating for Cait, who also does know this in her head.

She looked so forlorn tonight when she came home from gym. She sat on my lap and I asked if something awful happened at gym (did someone get hurt? did another gymnast do something mean to her? did a coach say something awful to her? was she kicked out of the gym?), knowing that it was that darn ch to hs, but trying to make her see that it is just one skill and trying to get her to smile. Then, I asked her about all of the positive things that happened tonight, trying to get her focus off the thing. I really don't want her to fixate more on it. We talked then about how few gymnasts make it to level 10, and the frustration of not getting skills when one thinks one should is one of the reasons, and how she can respond to this challenge in a positive way. She seemed to feel stronger and more confident after that. I hope so!

I hope this doesn't screw with the rest of her bar routine, which is really good. She really doesn't need it to be all the way to hs, even though that's obviously what she wants. She is getting some points deducted for not being at the exact angle that she does need to be, and that's bothering her, but she still does well on the whole rest of the routine (with the exception of this last meet).

Please, ch to hs, come soon! And, if you don't, don't let this screw with her head anymore! :)

Sending her bar fairies and patience fairies. Hard when they are so tough on themselves. It will eventually come. And she will have gained life lessons from this skill.

Oh, poor thing! Good luck fairies are being dispatched as I type!

My dd has struggled with this skill too. Of course, every time she does it right, she looks at the coaches, who are looking at someone else!

Sending those fairies your way. Good luck at the meet.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back