Possible new topic forum

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Just throwing this out there, but I thought of it when I posted a question about a problem I'm having with my hip popping. Lots of people post threads about injuries (including me) and thought maybe there could be a whole injury forum group, like Question and Answer has. That way there's a specific place for all injury or pain related questions and the q&a group would be more skills then injuries. Just wanted to throw that idea out there, since us gymnasts/parents/coaches go through many injuries and have many questions about a pain they're having!

I don't think we'll be adding any more forums right now, there are so many forums to moderate that another one would drive me bonkers!!!

But you can easily search the whole of the CB using the google search bar on the left of the page. It will bring up anything you need to find. It works way better than the built in CB one at the top of the page.

The answer for injuries always seems to be the same anyway. RICE, rest ice compress elevate and go to see a doc!

I would be opposed to an injury forum. That makes it seem like we can offer constructive leads or diagnoses, and we cannot. The best a forum like this can offer in the case of injury is not much - and at level that is relevant to most on this board, I strongly believe the best advice is - prehab and take time off of what hurts.

I agree with coach gymdog - medical diagnosis/advice should come from your doctor or physical therapist - not a message board, no matter how well intended.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back