Parents Practice bag suggestions?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

gymnastmom38

Proud Parent
I've been thinking of some ideas for Christmas and one thing I think dd needs is a new gym bag. She's had the same one for, I think, 3 years now. Anyone have some ideas where I can get a cute one, not too big. Perhaps gymnast related, but not necessary? It's got to be able to fit in a cubby so not gigantic.

The one she has now was from Justice and she's outgrown their style of bags.

I'm stumped... Thanks in advance!

If she's into sporty logo-type stuff, you can get one of the drawstring bags (Adidas, Under Armour, Nike, etc) at a store like Dick's.

My 13 year old has a Vera Bradley bag that she loves. It had to be Vera! If your daughter is interested in that type of bag, get on their email list. I'm always getting emails about sales so we never pay even close to full price for a bag.

My 13 year old has a Vera Bradley bag that she loves. It had to be Vera! If your daughter is interested in that type of bag, get on their email list. I'm always getting emails about sales so we never pay even close to full price for a bag.

And if you go on their website on the "sale" page, you never pay full price either!!

Do you do any sewing? If you have a machine and can sew a straight line, you can make her a string backpack. I made one for my dancer with pockets inside for her different shoes and one for my gymnast with a pocket on the outside for her cell phone. I watched this video to learn how: and I found some cute indoor/outdoor canvas at the fabric store. I promise it was easy! ;)

Somewhat OT, but it is hard... with stuff like gym bags but even more so with clothes, when they have outgrown Justice (not the sizes, but the style) but aren't really in "junior" sizes yet. It has suddenly become very difficult to clothe my girls. Not so much my gymmie, since she mainly lives in yoga pants and t-shirts she has brought home from meets, but her sister for sure. Unfortunately, my sewing abilities do not extend to "real clothes." Pajamas, Halloween costumes, and bags. That's it.

Somewhat OT, but it is hard... with stuff like gym bags but even more so with clothes, when they have outgrown Justice (not the sizes, but the style) but aren't really in "junior" sizes yet. It has suddenly become very difficult to clothe my girls. Not so much my gymmie, since she mainly lives in yoga pants and t-shirts she has brought home from meets, but her sister for sure. Unfortunately, my sewing abilities do not extend to "real clothes." Pajamas, Halloween costumes, and bags. That's it.

Its my boys I have problems with over here - try clothing a short (5'2") 15 year old with a broad chest - Mens XS is too ,long in the arms and legs and Boys only goes up to 13.

On a note our coach discourages girls from wearing bags on one shoulder only so back packs only for us.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/80499181/personalized-med-dance-duffle-bag-add?ref=favs_view_1
I ordered this personalized one from etsy for dd but with a gymnast on it. She has gymastics bags too but this one suits my dd better.

OMG this is PERFECT!!! Grace would love something like this. I'm going to mark this link and get it ordered.

Thank you everyone for the suggestions. She loves Vera Bradley too and she has a backpack she's getting soon from one of the collections. One of their regional reps comes to my dh's hotel so we always get huge discounts. Love it!

OMG this is PERFECT!!! Grace would love something like this. I'm going to mark this link and get it ordered.

Thank you everyone for the suggestions. She loves Vera Bradley too and she has a backpack she's getting soon from one of the collections. One of their regional reps comes to my dh's hotel so we always get huge discounts. Love it!
Great! Since the bag is black I asked her to do the gymnast in white and the wording in pink and she said no problem.

Great! Since the bag is black I asked her to do the gymnast in white and the wording in pink and she said no problem.

I've been having a conversation with her and she's going to do something similar for me as well. Were you happy with the quality of the bag? I'm so excited! Thanks for suggesting it!

I recently got my DD a new mini backpack from Abercrombie Kids on clearance it was $8.99 it looked something like this http://www.abercrombiekids.com/shop/us/girls-totes-accessories/cute-mini-backpack-1647973_01
But all blue (no mooses all over) and it had rhinestones on the flap. Not sure if there are still any in the stores bit it would be easy to take it somewhere to have it embroidered with a gymnast if she wanted. Also, for the girls that have outgrown justice style but not size they have looks similar to the big Abercrombie and Fitch store and right now the whole store is 40% off

I've been having a conversation with her and she's going to do something similar for me as well. Were you happy with the quality of the bag? I'm so excited! Thanks for suggesting it!
I just ordered it the other day so we'll see but it looks like she sells a lot and has good reviews...

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back