WAG practise gymnastics at home

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

hey so i went back to gymnastics about 1 month ago. i've had a break of almost 5years!! So i'm really bad for my age..
i really want to get better but i can't practise more than 15 hours at the gym per week but i really need more!
now i started to do some conditioning and stretching at home but i don't really know what exercises i should do.
do you have any? what do you do at home for gymnastics?
does ballett or running help?

Handstands, handstands and more handstands. Make sure your body is tight and straight. Flexibility, splits, all three. Basic crunches, planks and hollow/arch body holds. Fifteen hours a week is quite a lot for someone who is just starting back after five years. Most USAG optionals train that number of hours. You should be able to do very well with that much time in the gym.

I have a fantastics summer conditioning sheet that my daughters old gym. If you send me your email address I will send you a copy

hey so i went back to gymnastics about 1 month ago. i've had a break of almost 5years!! So i'm really bad for my age..
i really want to get better but i can't practise more than 15 hours at the gym per week but i really need more!
now i started to do some conditioning and stretching at home but i don't really know what exercises i should do.
do you have any? what do you do at home for gymnastics?
does ballett or running help?

Handstands, handstands and more handstands. Make sure your body is tight and straight. Flexibility, splits, all three. Basic crunches, planks and hollow/arch body holds. Fifteen hours a week is quite a lot for someone who is just starting back after five years. Most USAG optionals train that number of hours. You should be able to do very well with that much time in the gym.

thank you a lot!

Bogwoppit nailed it.

HS, HS on the wall, presses, walking pirouettes, holds.

Basic 3 splits, pike and bridge. Position holds (and rocks).

Pullups, L and straddle holds from a hang or sit, leglifts and pullups from a bar. Elbows in pushups.

Ballet is good but I don't see the need to do it unless you aren't doing any at gym.

Some running, just not excessive running. Good for recovery to get the blood pumping everywhere.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back