Preseason Xcel platinum meet complete - yay!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

gymgal

Gold Membership
Proud Parent
DD11 had her first (preseason) meet this weekend. We didn't know what to expect because she skipped the gold level and there is a big jump in the required skills between silver and platinum. Add to that she really has only been training many of these skills a few months. But she really did well, especially considering she is still 2 months away from her first season meet. She scored between 8.4 and 8.8 on all events. AA of 34.85 (Actually, I can't remember the decimal but it was in that range;-).

I hadn't really seen her doing skills close-up in a while and was amazed at some: she has a 180* split jump 1/4 turn on beam with excellent height, excellent wolf jump on beam (again great height), hyper-extended straddle jump on floor (though "only" about 160* on actual straddle). I was just amazed by this. She has always been flexible but I never realized she had gotten to that level of flexibility, especially on beam.

Very nice! Her skills sound like they are amazing! It's always good to get an idea of scores...my DD switched to Xcel gold this year from L5 and we had no clue what to expect either. She may compete platinum next year, not sure yet.
Good luck to your DD this season!

Great job! It is nice to know that she is going to really rock when she has her 1st season meet!! My DD is also competing Xcel! There is only one level here in Missouri for Xcel, but the requirements are very much like platinum! She just had her state meet and scored from 8.15 on beam to a 9.025 on bars. Congrats again to your DD!!!

Congrats to your DD. Sounds like she is really on track to rock that first season meet. She did great.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back