present for coach?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

G

gymnastjess

Hi,
I really want to get my coach a present for Christmas!!
She is a girl and 17 years old!
I don't know what to get her any ideas?
plus i don't want something really corny like a poem or a #1 coach keyring lol :p

You can almost never go wrong with a giftcard maybe to a clothing or book store. A christmas tree ornament is also a nice gift, or maybe a scarf or gloves. If you want maybe you can find or even make a nice necklace or bracelet too. I am sure she will be happy with whatever gift you pick out!

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe one of those "coach" tee shirts with something funny on it. You can get them from almost any gymnastics merchandise website!

I have no clue if Australia has Bath and Body works or some type of store like it, but I know here it is a very popular store for gifts and teens love it. They sell all kinds of great smelling soaps, perfumes, candles, plus a lot of other items and many of them come in great fairly inexpensive gifts packs this time of year.

Another similar idea is I gave my sister a de-stress kit one year with fuzzy slippers, a sleep mask, bubble bath and a candle. Coaching is stressful and I am sure she would like that.

A gift card is always my choice for coach and teacher gifts. I figure I don't really know what they like so it gives them the chance to get what they really want. I usually get a card for video store rentals, movie theaters, popular stores or restaurants.

I learned to avoid buying any body products because my older dd has skin allergies and many of the scented products give her hives after a few uses. I give a gift card for those kind of stores and let the recipient make their own choices.

Sidelining into the OP - For coaches and gym owners

Sorry to sneak into your thread, OP. But I have a similar question. Our gym usually asks each team member to contribute $10.00 for all the coaches in our gym. There are 5. Last year, only two truly coached our level. But we were required to pay for all 5. So, we paid $50. This year, we now have the higher level coaches/owners coaching our level. We have two new coaches coaching the lower level. So, I am assuming we will once again contribute for all 5. But my question is, the head coach/co-owner does put extra effort and time coaching my DD. During Tops season, she did spend a little extra time coaching my DD for national testing. I think I want to get her something extra but I don't know how much is good to spend and/or what I should get her. She is in her early 40's. I feel I might have to spend over $50.00 so that my gift is not insulting her. At the same time, we are pretty strapped this Christmas. Coaches/gym owners, what kind of gifts do you like and/or do you expect gifts from your team members individually? Parents, what would you do? Any suggestions on what is appropriate to do?

Hi guys!! I think i am going to get her a t-shirt that says I'm the coach (so lets save time and assume im always right) on it LOL and a teddy with we love you Toni on it and a thankyou card from all us girls??? :D

We gave the coaches t shirts last year and they loved them
We got our own slogan on it - like what the coach always said so it was personal - my daughters coach got one that said " I Dont Give Sympathy!!" Another one got one that said "Smile Girls! It's Making you Stronger!" They wear them to practice.

haha sounds cool unfortunately my coach doesnt have a "saying" lol

I agree, a shirt, orniment, gift card..really anything you were to give would be heart felt. I truely believe anything you were to give your coach would be treasured and cherished. Even a handmade card, or drawing or such.

I REALLY appreciate handmade cards & drawings from the kids. I also really appreciate thank you cards or emails from parents. Also gift cards to starbucks, etc are also very appreciated (even if they are for 5 or 10 bucks, thats 5 or 10 bucks I dont have to spend on my caffeine addiction.) What I dont appreciate are candy or other calorie laden snacks.... its a nice thought but you are constantly being tempeted as it is during the holidays....

I give a bottle of wine to the coaches who coach my kids, and a small chocolate gift (two handmade ones in a box) to the ones who do not. I would not be impressed if I was told how much to give. Gifts should always be optional and not everybody celebrates at this time of year.

When money is tight, and it is everywhere, a small box of homemade cookies should be plenty, or a picture drawn by the gymnast.

I loathe the culture of expected gifting.

I'd never expect anything (ever. ever. oh my gosh, entitlement much?) but my favorite things are the hand made ones. I'd rather have personal than expensive.

Thanks for all your opinions coaches but my coach is only a kid herself lol she is 17 and i think all kids loveeeee presents so i thought the teddy would be cute with the saying on it and the t-shirt so she can wear it to practice it wont cost much all us girls r putting in some money together!!! I love to give presents i have never been asked for a present!! I want to get her something bought as im 14 and a drawing is more for little kids (well i think so anyway) She's to young for wine lol and chocolates and cookies are tempting hehe i just couldnt think of anything then the teddy and shirt came into mind!!! so i have decided im getting her the teddy and t-shirt but i have no idea what funny coach saying should go on the shirt?? ANY IDEAS? :D

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back