Pulled stomach muscle … ouch!!!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I have pulled a muscle in my stomach and hurts when I practice it has got a little better compared to last week. Does anyone have any suggestions to make it feel better because I have states this weekend and don't want to miss it or be in pain during it! Thanks :)

Oh gosh! I feel so sorry for you! That happened to me before! It's the most painful muscle to pull :( That and the butt muscle... I hate to say it, but you probably will just have to refrain from using your stomach muscles as much as possible. If you have to go to gym, then warm up your back well, because your stomach is stretched as well. I hope you feel better soon! At least that means a six pack is in the midst!

Thanks

Thanks guys. I went to gym yesterday and I stretched out my back and stomach the practice before and it practically didn't hurt at all. I am all clear for states
(Just so you know it didn't heal that quickly it has been going for a while) and practices have been great thanks again!

That's great that you are OK now! When I have a pulled stomach muscle, I usually stretch out in a bridge and it eventually goes away, just as you did.
Good luck at states! :D

Basically, you need to give the muscles time off to rest.

Recently, I went crazy trying to see how many glute-ham situps I could do in a minute and was sore for a few days as I was doing very fast, ballistically. Even lifting my heels in a seated pike/L position was asking a lot, much less a L-sit or L-hang. They were even feeling it in a simple ring support or hollow.

It's not just a matter of them being sore, but extremely fatigued (aka lots of micro tears). Rest was the only cure.

Very difficult for our sport since they are in use all of the time. Do what you can that does not aggravate them. Handstands and wall HS, candlesticks, tramp bouncing, tumbling or saltos perhaps.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back