Pullover help ?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

So, I was a level 6 going to 7. Competitive, and progressing. Then stupid me quit gymnastics for dance, which was the worst decision of my life. Anyway, I lost all my bars, and most of my beam and vault. Floor is okay but lost some. Now I'm back, and I'm taking like a little refresher's kinda thing, I'm starting back at the level one rock bottom basics. The only thing I need to go to level two is my pullover. (Not the two feet, the one where you take two steps and then kick over). I keep dropping my arms in the middle of it when my thighs hit and I can't get my hips over the bar. Any extra conditioning I can do? Or what? Does anyone know what muscles the skill uses?

Arms and abs. Do some L holds while hanging on the bar. And chin ups if you can.
You could also put a panel mat (or spotting block depending on how much help you need) in front of you and kick off that, it'll be considerably easier.

wow! very impressive that you are going back after 2 and 1/2 years!! I went back after 3 once and it takes a lot of determination! good luck with you pullovers!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back