WAG Pullover problems :/

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

G

GymnastDreamer

My coaches are teaching us pullover mounts and back hip circles on bars, i can do them when they give me a small push. When they don't i cant do the mount. My mom, a former gymnast tells me to lean my head back and kick up my legs. But i cant get my chin up to the bar.

My coaches are teaching us pullover mounts and back hip circles on bars, i can do them when they give me a small push. When they don't i cant do the mount. My mom, a former gymnast tells me to lean my head back and kick up my legs. But i cant get my chin up to the bar.

tell mom that..."leaning your head back and kick my legs up" are 2 opposing forces. this is why you can't get your chin to the bar.

kick your thighs up and over the bar and keep your head in/chin forward.:)

^^^ dunno has it right once again. Keep your head in and pull your hips to the bar. Once you get stronger, and you do the repitions, they will be easy!

Try having someone spot you on "upside down chin-ups". You do them by holding an inverted hang with your thighs (or there abouts) against the bar......and then you pull the bar to your rib cage. The spotter stands on thye "leg side" of the bar and helps by lifting with a grip between your knees and calves.

I've done this with girls who just can't seem to get their pullover. It really helps them get the feel of where their head should be (looking at the bar), and what the pulling motion should feel like. Some of the kids need just one quick session with the exercise and they're good to go, while others need to do them daily to build strength.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back