Push through the pain

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Swiftli

Proud Parent
Funny little story. My DH had trained in martial arts for years in our early "honeymoon" years..pre-kids. He recently came across a local MMA gym that would allow him to do the type of training he used to do in order to get back into shape. First night there, he was wiped out. Just not as young as he used to be :p.

Anyway, he was complaining to me that he wasn't going back tonight and that he needed to give his body a break. (after one night..lol) So my 9yr DD who is my gymmie hears him talking. She tells him..."now you know how I feel every day! It is ok daddy, you'll get use to the pain. You just gotta push through it."

I thought to myself...spoken like a true gymnast.

LOL. So cute. Guess she told him huh? Too bad he didnt go back, now she has a one up on him. And you KNOW it will be played over and over again..lol. Gotta love it

I kind of know what he's feeling. The day after my first gymnastics class (at 19 after 10 years of dreaming about it) I was wobbling to class. I felt like a penguin. It was only once a week though so my body had time to recover.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back