Q about next year - ON

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I don't think they will go to Elite Canada. I think they will compete as Level 9s all year and at Championship the top 7 go to Nationals.
Thats the way it was for National Open last year. They competed all year as Open and then they had the top whatever of one age go and the top whatever of another age go.

I don't think Level 9 or 10 will have HP status. Only Novice, Junior and Senior.

Thats only my opinion :D
I'm sure they wont have L9 or 10 HP, more what I meant was, do you think gyms will be competing there girls in Level 9 or 10 depending on age, instead of going National Novice unless they are really sure that they will make HP?

One question I just thought of…Do you think all Level 9’s are required to go to Elite Canada trials? This would be the fairest as then everyone goes, tries to make HP, top whatever make it and the rest go Level 9. If not, what’s to stop gyms from not competing their athletes at it and competing them Level 9 to destroy everyone?

This is a great point. I had made it in earlier discussions as well, maybe from another angle. If a girl happens to have a really off day or an injury that might keep her out of making HP but has the capability to make it, she can go down to level 9 and cream everyone.

This is a great point. I had made it in earlier discussions as well, maybe from another angle. If a girl happens to have a really off day or an injury that might keep her out of making HP but has the capability to make it, she can go down to level 9 and cream everyone.
Right, where as there will be lots of girls that are not even in the realm of NN that are competing L9 because that is where they should be.

Right, where as there will be lots of girls that are not even in the realm of NN that are competing L9 because that is where they should be.

But maybe they have thought of this? I think Novice is pretty much open ended as far as skills go right? No restrictions? Whereas if they don't make it and go to 9 then they are pretty much on a more level playing field? Certain requirements and they can't do more high skills?

Notice every sentence here ended with a question mark? Because i really don't know and am trying to figure things out.

But maybe they have thought of this? I think Novice is pretty much open ended as far as skills go right? No restrictions? Whereas if they don't make it and go to 9 then they are pretty much on a more level playing field? Certain requirements and they can't do more high skills?

Notice every sentence here ended with a question mark? Because i really don't know and am trying to figure things out.

Yes there are certain requirements and restrictions so they cannot do harder skills.
Level 9 is allowed A, B and C skills. As many D and E dance elements on floor and beam as well as any B or C root elements with a 1/1 pirouette.
One other D or E element is allowed and would get 0.1 for bonus.
3 A's, 4 B's and 1 C for value parts. A=0.1, B=0.3, C=0.5- All allowable D's and E's will be credited as a C.

Bars: 0.5 each
2 bar changes or 1 bar change and one circle C element
1 flight element min. B (not dismount)
Second different flight element (min C) or one with LA turn (min C)
Salto or hecht dismount- min B

Beam:
Acro series with two flight elements
Leap or jump with 180 split
Min 360 turn
Aerial or salto dismount- min B

Floor:
Acro series with 2 saltos
3 different saltos through out routine
Dance passage of 2 elements 1 being a leap with 180 split
Min B as last salto or last connection of saltos

Start Value is 9.7 with all requirements and value parts are awarded. Up to 0.2 for connection bonus and 0.1 a D or E skill.

I am not to familiar with the requirements that were in place in past years for NN, so somebody who is familiar can compare.

Aspire 1: 2006, 2007, 2008
Aspire 2: 2005, 2006
NN HP: 2003, 2004, 2005
Junior HP: 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004
Senior HP: 2001 and older
JO L9: Ages 11-13
JO 10: Ages 12-15 and 16+

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back