Parents Abuse at Metroplex

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymmom98

Proud Parent
My daughter has been at metroplex for the past two years. I am not thrilled with the communication or the owners but my daughter doesn’t do well with change.
I have heard a lot of talk among the parents regarding abuse by the coaching staff - I am horrified by the examples they are giving. One mom even received a call from safeaport last week asking her to go “on record” against metroplex and their staff. What is happening? Anyone else know about all of this! Highly highly concerned!

Our team went to the Metroplex meet one year and it was a great meet... that's the only experience I have with Metroplex.

What level is your child? Could you talk to some of the parents who have communicated about issues in the past? I'm assuming it's happening at the upper levels so try to talk to some of those parents.

If you're concerned about anything going on, I would personally advise you to talk to your daughter
I'm not saying that's how you'll get to the bottom of things or that she has to tell you anything, but rather if there could be something wrong it's important to let her know you're on her side.
For example, you could take her aside for a moment and tell her that you just want to let her know that if there's ever anything on her mind no matter what it is that you're there to talk. Even if she thinks her concerns are silly, she can always bring them to you, and that you're there for her etc.

I think in cases of abuse, kids often blame themselves, think things are normal or think they'd be making a fuss over nothing if they bring it up. I've seen things happen myself that had me sit at home thinking "should I bring this up...? I don't want to make drama over nothing, it's probably nothing anyway...". I always bring things up, because I've realised when I'm thinking that, usually there's five other people thinking the exact same. But that's also why it can be important to let people know they can talk to you even if they're not sure their concerns ar anything serious.

Sorry for the long tangent here. I'm obviously not saying something is going on at your gym or with your daughter, but just bringing up the idea to talk to her if you are worried.

My daughter has been at metroplex for the past two years. I am not thrilled with the communication or the owners but my daughter doesn’t do well with change.
I have heard a lot of talk among the parents regarding abuse by the coaching staff - I am horrified by the examples they are giving. One mom even received a call from safeaport last week asking her to go “on record” against metroplex and their staff. What is happening? Anyone else know about all of this! Highly highly concerned!
Did you find out if it’s a recent claim or if anything has come up? We have friends at metroplex and this is concerning!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News