Parents Question for parents of boys....

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Funny story....

D always wears black under armour or nike under his comp. gear. But when we got to nationals, we realized that his comp pants were WHITE! I was frantically trying to find something for him to wear that was tight enough and comfortable enough. it was quite the experience.

Mine forgot to pack any for nationals- yes bad mom who doesn't supervise packing- so we had to go buy some. He wanted the XS- we compromised on S- and would have needed white anyway since he only wears shades of blue- lol.

Another three votes for the well fitting boxer briefs, of material similar to the singlet - not cotton. They all wear down a size on competition days and all black so that if they do peek out from under the short shorts, no one notices

Ugh. I may need to look for white ones myself this year. If anyone has a line on some you can order online, hook me up?

I find light grey works well under a white uniform. Sometimes white on white shows more. So frustrating that boys and men undergarments often have a dark contrasting waistband

I find light grey works well under a white uniform. Sometimes white on white shows more. So frustrating that boys and men undergarments often have a dark contrasting waistband

we have had luck with the light gray as well.

Reactions: sce
White does show up clearly under white fabric especially against tan skin. That is one discussion we have in common and undergarments (including training bras) should not be seen. If only my preteen would believe me.

White does show up clearly under white fabric especially against tan skin. That is one discussion we have in common and undergarments (including training bras) should not be seen. If only my preteen would believe me.

LOL. I do think they are a little more lenient with boys. Between waist bands, and well when they go upside down....you inevitably see underwear from time to time.

LOL. I do think they are a little more lenient with boys. Between waist bands, and well when they go upside down....you inevitably see underwear from time to time.

Haha. At comps I've seen some adorable Level 4s whose parents apparently (and unfortunately) bought competition shorts with 'growing room' - so, basically a skort for boys. :p Definitely going to be some Incredible Hulk or Mario Brothers sightings happening in the L4 floor headstand. lol.

That's the advantage of the tank singlet-commando combo. But it is probably only a good idea for the younger set.

The Japanese men's team has occasionally had an unfortunate affinity for pretty short but very baggy shorts . . .

My ds's don't do gymnastics, but play other sports. They wear compression shorts under uniforms and don't seem to have any issues.

A number of L4 teams don't wear singlets yet. Either a compression top or even a tucked in T shirt. So those baggy short-shorts during that head or handstand are going to make underwear consideration a little more important ;)

My ds also wears fitted boxers for practice.
For comps, well-fitting briefs that match the uniform bottoms are used. We found that the boxer legs could peek out with L4 shorts, and would occasionally bunch up under singlet+pommel pants, leaving lumps.

Post hijack here....but it's so closely related! Do your boys wear the shorts with the pommel pants or remove them?
Mine likes to layer and it drives me bonkers. He will have boxer-briefs, singlet, shorts, and then pommel pants! (Then he throws his warm up pants over all of it! [emoji52])

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back