WAG Reasonable time to get a meet schedule. VENT!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

This is the only negative experience we've had so far in gymnastics. The lack of basic organization boggles me. Communications are late, schedules are changed on a week's notice...and it seems to be an industry-wide thing, not just one gym. My husband and I both have jobs where schedules are fixed months in advanced, and can't be changed (unless we want to be unemployed, and we don't). If we ever had to pull our poor kid out of gymnastics, it probably wouldn't be financial. It would be because we can't move heaven and earth on a week's notice (and then move it back when they change it again).
Over the years, meets and gyms have gotten pretty good about it.....I remember when not much was online and you had to wait for the gym to hand out a paper schedule!!!
Now it's much better, but there are still some old school gyms I feel have little appreciation for the parents. This is what I think here......they will put it out when they put it out, and not a second sooner, and too bad.......well, I'm not going to this meet next year. I'd rather spend my money elsewhere.....

Yep, I've had to book hotels for the whole weekend for 2 big travel meets back to back in Feb.

And then you get to states, and nobody even knows WHERE states is going to be... and nobody knows anything about possible regionals except for the state.. yeeee-ikes! Optional gymnastics is not for the faint of heart!

Ugh! So frustrated with one of our meets. First they said schedule would be out the first week of December. That week came and went but no schedule.

Then they put another date but still no schedule.

Then it was supposed to be out today sometime this afternoon but when I just checked, they've postponed it another freaking day! I'm waiting to cancel hotel rooms and this is getting annoying.

And this isn't some small meet. It's a major meet! I wish they would estimate later and then surprise us rather than to keep putting off the release every few days.

Ugh! So frustrated with one of our meets. First they said schedule would be out the first week of December. That week came and went but no schedule.

Then it was supposed to be out today sometime this afternoon but when I just checked, they've postponed it another freaking day! I'm waiting to cancel hotel rooms and this is getting annoying.

And this isn't some small meet. It's a major meet! I wish they would estimate later and then surprise us rather than to keep putting off the release every few days.

I think we are going to the same meet. And the deadline to cancel the hotel is this Thursday.

Right?!?!!! That's what is so annoying. If she gets the two later sessions, I don't need a room at all. I'm not gonna be happy if I have to keep a room that I don't technically need.

I was watching the info our first out of state meet this season. Earlier in the week it said schedule coming Saturday the 12th. Then Saturday night it changed to schedule coming Sunday the 13th. At some point on Sunday they took down any mention of a schedule being on the way. Guess I need to bite the bullet and book our flights to make sure we are there to compete anywhere from Friday morning through Sunday night, and since it's a 5 hour flight + a 1-2 hour drive from the airport to the meet city looks like we'll be flying in on Thursday and out on Monday. Sigh. It's hard to decide what what is cheaper, waiting until we have a schedule and possibly not needing as many nights in the hotel vs. the increase in airfare by waiting to buy tickets.

I saw that today and was wondering if you guys were coming to that one. Still can't believe they don't have a schedule yet!

I was watching the info our first out of state meet this season. Earlier in the week it said schedule coming Saturday the 12th. Then Saturday night it changed to schedule coming Sunday the 13th. At some point on Sunday they took down any mention of a schedule being on the way. Guess I need to bite the bullet and book our flights to make sure we are there to compete anywhere from Friday morning through Sunday night, and since it's a 5 hour flight + a 1-2 hour drive from the airport to the meet city looks like we'll be flying in on Thursday and out on Monday. Sigh. It's hard to decide what what is cheaper, waiting until we have a schedule and possibly not needing as many nights in the hotel vs. the increase in airfare by waiting to buy tickets.
I have heard that if you book on Southwest, you can easily change the flight. And most hotels will let you cancel days you don't need up to a certain date.

I have heard that if you book on Southwest, you can easily change the flight. And most hotels will let you cancel days you don't need up to a certain date.

I didn't know that about Southwest. Thank you! I am sure the schedule will be up soon. It's our first year with several travel meets -- new gym -- and I'm feeling the expense and stressing about keeping up with school too.

Southwest is great! Their policy is you may change flights without a fee only paying the difference in price. I think up to when the flight boards. I also highly recommend paying the 12.50 fee to get automatic check in. You will get a high boarding pass making sure you get window or aisle seats toward the front of the plane. They also have the friendliest staff! I am very brand loyal with Southwest.

I think I know what exactly meet you're talking about! It is so frustrating!

They claim it will be out today but at this point, they have no credibility with me. We are attending a meet one month after theirs and we've had the schedule for a couple of weeks now.

I hope next year we skip this one.

I wonder what happened. The boys schedule is out.
I think we are talking about different meets.....The one im talking about does not have Mens.......
Same here cbifoja, we have had full schedules for end of Jan, and meets during Feb for a few weeks now.......
This one, nothing.......less than a month away.....

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back