MAG Regionals Thread

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Men's Artistic Gymnastics

skschlag

Staff member
Gold Membership
Proud Parent
THought I would start a thread for our regionals like we did for states. We leave on Friday for regionals, and D competes Saturday night. I hate the night meets! LOL!

Good luck to both of your boys! My DS also doesn't compete for another week (Friday the 12th). We've never been to regionals before so this will be a really neat experience!

we are flying out Friday morning, and my ds competes bright and early Saturday morning. Ours is in Reno, so I'm sure we will find some fun things to do...I just hope the weather is nice!! :) Good luck to all our CB guys!!!

Mine competes on Saturday night too so we're leaving on Friday. DD 's been saving up her money since Christmas and says that it's time to hit the American Girl store, so we'll do that on the way. It's about a 6 hour drive, I think, so that'll give her stuff to do in the car on the way there. We'll probably also have to make a stop in Game Stop for a new game for the boys, I'm sure.
Good luck to everyone this weekend. We'll see you there, skschlag! We're not staying in the host hotel though, because we got a couple of free nights in a different hotel with our points.

We aren't staying in the host hotel either. I don't do hotels that don't have breakfast :) We leave Friday and are flying. I can't do that drive anymore. It takes about 8 1/2 -9 hours when all is said and done....too much for this old woman ;)

See you Saturday night!

Good luck, you guys! Our optional boys are frantically preparing. Things got kicked up to an entirely new level of insanity yesterday when one of our coaches found some Youtube video of some approximately 10 year old Chinese boys working on compulsory routines. With a manic gleam in his eye, he hauled the entire team, coaches and all, over and showed them. "THIS! THIS is how I want to see you swinging on high bar and parallel bars!" All of the coaches now seem to have drunk the Koolaid . . .

We aren't staying in the host hotel either. I don't do hotels that don't have breakfast :) We leave Friday and are flying. I can't do that drive anymore. It takes about 8 1/2 -9 hours when all is said and done....too much for this old woman ;)

See you Saturday night!

Oh no! Reality check:eek:. I got bad information on how long it would take to get there. We're definitely taking the car with the dvd player now!

Did you mapquest it? I know it has taken us 9 hours before. IT is a long, boring drive ;) DVD player a must!

Maybe you just live that much farther away from me. I did google maps and it's saying about 6 hrs. and 50 minutes. Do you guys drive the speed limit or something? (jk)

LOL! Nope. MY mapquest says 8 hours. Factor in lunch/potty/dinner breaks, comes out longer. We are about an hour away from you.

Good luck, you guys! Our optional boys are frantically preparing. Things got kicked up to an entirely new level of insanity yesterday when one of our coaches found some Youtube video of some approximately 10 year old Chinese boys working on compulsory routines. With a manic gleam in his eye, he hauled the entire team, coaches and all, over and showed them. "THIS! THIS is how I want to see you swinging on high bar and parallel bars!" All of the coaches now seem to have drunk the Koolaid . . .

Too funny! I also saw the pbar video (not the high bar on, must go and look for it) and it was amazing. I thought my son has pretty good swings on pbars until I saw that video LOL. My son was just like wow when he saw it too and can't wait for pbar day tomorrow to work harder on his swings.

We have another week until regionals. He was able to add another bonus on floor so that should help him since that is one of his weaker events. He competes on a Sunday afternoon which means since we live so far away we are staying 2 nights-one before and one after. We always stay at a hotel that has free breaskfast, free wifi, and free parking, my must haves in a hotel!

Good luck to everyone!

Day one of Regionals is complete. Son had an amazing day. Hit 6 out of 6 routines. Posted his highest All Around score of the season, as well as, high highest individual scores on several events. Placed 5th All Around. Qualified onto the Regional Select Team & earned a trip to Woodward Camp with his Regional Teammates. Way to go dude! Tech sequence Saturday afternoon. Good luck.

Very nice! Good luck tomorrow :)

We are getting ready to head out. Here's hoping for a good meet.

Fun night. D had his best of the year. Highest scores on vault, rings, p's, and high bar. Second best of the year on floor and highest all around. Worst on Pommel but that is a long story. Got 5th on floor and vault. 14th on ps and 18th All around. Pretty happy little boy.

Sent from my SPH-M950 using ChalkBucket mobile app

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back