MAG Regionals Thread

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Men's Artistic Gymnastics
Thanks guys. He was happy, although somewhat disappointed with his pommel score. But he shook it off. THen he realized that he probably just did his LAST competition mushroom routine! That brought about a happy smile as he loves the 7 routine and can do lots of 8 stuff on the horse ;) I asked if we could sell the mushroom now, but got a big no on that one :)

It was my ds's best meet on all 4 events he competed. He got 1st on pommel, 8th on rings, and that was it, but he was so happy with his improved scores and his routines in general. He's over the moon about "finally" getting 1st on pommel:) He almost always gets 2nd because of the tie breaker. Had to skip floor and pommel due to lingering knee pain. Now we're just having fun hanging out in Albuquerque today, and plan on driving a little farther on our way home so we can see the sand dunes.

He looked great! Way to go!! I saw how excited he was to be 1st :) We are still trying to figure out what happened to D's pommel score...but it is what it is :)

Ohh! Have fun at the sand dunes. We used to live down there! Very fun :)

Great job everyone! J had a bit of a rough day. Some good routines with low scores. (???). A pretty bad crash during pbar warmup and missed his Kip cast and flyaway forvthe first time ever but... He placed 4 th on floor and 8 th on pbars. It was really nice to see all of teams from out of state and it has just made J want to work that much harder. We also went back for a Level 8/9 session and watched him get excited about every Tsuk and double back on any event he saw. Add on a visit to an aquarium and it was overall a great weekend.

Great job to all--1st on pommel is huge, and 4th on floor / 8th on pbars is awesome too.

We watched some of the Big Ten Championships (on tv) and it really makes you realize that it's sooooo hard to hit 6/6 routines and a huge accomplishment when it happens!

New videos are up if anyone wants to see them.

Posted scores on all but pommel. Curious as to what others think about that one :)

Last edited:
Unfortunately - he did two moores. The second turny thing wouldn't be counted as a stockli. (His hands were in front of him) No bonus and form errors. The next bonus - the flindle - was probably credit, but with a major ded. The russian was fine probably .1 on the split at the end. So... about 1.8 off, 11.2 start should be mid 9's. Am I close? :rolleyes:

We are back, too...what a long exhausting weekend, but lots of fun! C competed for AZ all star team. Four of his scores counted and they took 2nd place. His lever on rings (which he placed 1st at states on) was just a tad high, so they didn't count it at all. bummer, but oh well. He placed 7th on rings. 5th on floor, had a beautiful pbar routine...until he put his knee down on the dismount!! ahh...still got 8th and he was 8th all around. But the best was that he was up first on pommel, was the third routine of the day in flight A...and he STILL took 1st place!!

Glad to hear how great the boys are doing!! Ready for summer training??

We are having major computer problems now, so all I can manage is the pommel for right now...

Regionals Pommel 2013 - YouTube

Who is excited about the seven inches of snow that is expected to fall in Minneapolis before the competition starts on Friday?

Who is excited about the seven inches of snow that is expected to fall in Minneapolis before the competition starts on Friday?
I thought about you since your session is friday. Ours is sunday so we should miss it all. Drive safe, wish your son the best!

Looks like they changed the forecast! Now about three inches. No sweat! Unfortunately, it looks like our Iowa gymnasts are gonna have tough traveling weather.

My son just competed today and I am so proud of my son, he did awesome. He was 1st AA, 1st-horse, p bars, 2nd-rings, vault, h bar, 3rd- floor and made regional team. Our team placed 3rd. All our boys did up to their potential. He hit his routines which is a big deal since he has had the "curse of the p bars". In the last 2 regionals he fell on p bars even though he was fine with the skill prior and today all was smooth sailing. I am glad for the traveling break, need to start saving money for next season!

That is awesome! Congrats to your son!! What a great way to end the season :)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back