Parents Regionals

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

mpkbt

Proud Parent
Boy this season has flown by! It has been an interesting one to say the least. DD wasn't even sure that she would compete this year after doing one meet in January. She had ankle surgery in mid January and depending on the outcome was either going to be out 6 weeks or 3 months. She got lucky and the damage wasn't as bad as it could have been and was competing the first week in March( 7 weeks after surgery). She had a great state meet and is on to regionals. The way we look at it, it is all a bonus season anyway. We are hoping she makes it to westerns but Region 1 is tough, so not buying any plane tickets yet:)! She has been to Westerns twice before so she kinda has a "been there done that" attitude but I know deep down she would be disappointed if she didn't go. She was already disappointed that she didn't go 10 this year but she and I both feel the coaches decided that they needed a strong 9 to help out the new ones. She was also already having the ankle problems and couldn't train like she would like to. We also got 6 new girls from a gym that decided their optional program was taking to much money and shut it down. They all had to go 10 and we already had 6 tens so it was kinda full up top!

Wow...I don't post for months and then I write a book!
How many kids on here are going to regionals? I really look forward to hearing everybody's meet report!

Sounds like your dd had a rough start(and middle) to the season, but a great end. Well, maybe not an end since she has regionals and hopefully Westerns in her future. She seems very mature to have excepted not moving to L10 this year.

There are 3 Cbers girls going to L8 regionals in Region 4 this weekend and 3 going to L8 regionals in Region 3 next weekend. Also 1 from CA. Don't think I've read a post from any 9s or 10s.

Best wishes to your dd in her quest for a 3 peat at Westerns AND then on to L10!

We are off to Regionals tomarrow Region 4 level 8.

First year DD is nervous they lowered the score for level 8 so she made it. this also makes her nervous feels like she might not belong. She did however take a huge hit from a judge on bars at state and a fall one beam only 2nd all year.

So I know she will do fine. Thankfully she starts onfloor so she can channel those nerves.

Will let you know how it goes. Thankfully i will have my CB buddy there too.

Go Beetle and Monkey!!!

She Did it! She didn't have her best meet but it was good enough. She missed 1st place AA by .3! I told her she is saving the perfect meet for westerns!

She started on vault. She has been working a layout for awhile now and decided that it was time to do it. She did and got a 9.275 and 2nd place.

Then bars...This is usually her strongest event but did a dead hang on her hecht and her coach said she lost about 5 tenths between the hecht and the cast out of it. Still she got a 9.150 and 6th.

Beam. It is her least favorite event and she just endures it. She missed her connection and got a 8.775...placed 7th (I was a little surprised!)

Floor. We knew she still had a good chance if she could stay on her feet. She did and got a 9.0 and placed 7th.

It was a great year to make it to westerns from region 1. They all got a bunch of stuff including t-shirts, sweatshirts, shorts and flip flops! She was very happy and we are on to Westerns in Des Moine, Iowa!

Congratulations on qualifying to Westerns! Have fun in Des Moines! My dd's friends are hoping Shawn Johnson will make an appearance. Dd wants to go cheer on her friend, but I'm not paying for a plane ticket to De Moines.

I did hear that Shawn Johnson will be at the dinner on Thursday. It will be cool to have a chance to meet her. I personally think it would be cool if her mother came! Oh there are a few questions I would love to ask her.:)

Update-
DD did great at westerns. She started on floor. It is not her favorite event. She did a great routine and scored 9.2 but did not place. She then went to vault. She did her layout yurchenko for the 2nd time all season and got a 9.3 and 4th place. On to bars, and a solid routine, 9.275 and 3rd place. She was last up on beam...fell on series (1st time in 3 years) still got an 8.7 but did not place. She still managed to get 7th place AA! She was very happy until her coach told her she was in 1st place after the 2nd and 3rd rotations. I guess we are still saving that perfect meet for level 10! She was supposed to take a week off after Westerns but couldn't handle it and came back after 2 days. She is excited to be a 10!

By the way.....Shawn Johnson did not leave a good impression with most of the girls. If you wanted a picture with her it was $20 with 1/2 going to charity.

What great results, to place so well against stiff competeion is pretty amazing. and now onto L10, how exciting.

Shame about Miss Shawn, sad when a bit of fame goes to their heads!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back