MAG Regionals

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Men's Artistic Gymnastics
We get to go to Orem...
Hmm... it IS a tad confusing. The women's and men's regions aren't the same. Utah is in Region One for the girls... Probably would work out better for me if our state was in two different regions. Maybe my kids' regionals wouldn't have been on the same weekend :p

Sounds like there's gonna be a chalkbucket cheering section in Phoenix! If you are looking for outdoor things to do the rest of the day on Saturday, the Botanical gardens are great and the zoo is pretty cool, too. The Science center is really awesome, and it is just down the street from the convention center. The ball park is there, too. Downtown Phoenix is pretty cool, and there are a TON of great places to eat!

Sadly, I will be suffering without y'all in Disney. (snif) ;)

Reactions: sce
That age thing is odd. Our region goes strictly by the USAG recommended age ranges, no matter how many boys are in each age group. Makes it predictable at least.

Region 9 is this weekend!
What are the USAG age groups for level 5?

7-8, 9-10, 11+
Interesting. That is the age groups they used for the state team qualifications. But for most competitions, they broke them out even more. Their are a ton of talented 9 and 10 yos in my area. Regionals is the only time that 11yo is separate form 12+though (for the meets we went to at least.)

We had a few meets where they did the age groups a little differently, but for the most part they followed these age groups. level 6 is the same as 5, level 7 is 9-10, 11-12, 13+

<<<I heard last night that Region 4's will most likely be in Grand Forks, ND next year. Now doesn't THAT sound like a great place to spend the weekend!>>
Not looking forward to that! My son's first year level 6 was in the Dakota's and we opted out of going. But I know we can't do that since he is higher level now.
My son competes 2 days in a row this weekend. I do wonder how the level 8 will be grouped--age 11 and 12 together or apart? My son is excited to be rotating with Marvin Kimble and Dmitri Belanovski during the tech. sequence. I told him stay focused on his meet. LOL
Good luck to everyone!

<<<I heard last night that Region 4's will most likely be in Grand Forks, ND next year. Now doesn't THAT sound like a great place to spend the weekend!>>
Not looking forward to that! My son's first year level 6 was in the Dakota's and we opted out of going. But I know we can't do that since he is higher level now.
My son competes 2 days in a row this weekend. I do wonder how the level 8 will be grouped--age 11 and 12 together or apart? My son is excited to be rotating with Marvin Kimble and Dmitri Belanovski during the tech. sequence. I told him stay focused on his meet. LOL
Good luck to everyone!

Lol, they are pretty awesome! So are the other boys in the rotation.

Hahaha, LilHawkMom, glad it's your son and not mine -- he would be all fanboy and would not pay one whit of attention to what he was doing!

Good luck to everyone! Our level 4s and 5s have South States (North States is also going on) this weekend and the 6 and ups have Regionals next weekend.

DS, age 6, level 4: just starting on this wild and crazy ride.

Is there usually a photographer at regionals? Phoenix.

Is there usually a photographer at regionals? Phoenix.
I think there was one last year in Reno(Region one). You had to reserve him before the session started, though. One of our boys' dads took pictures of my ds last year. Two of them are in my avatar :D

I can't find any info and the email came back as dead. Arg!

We actually had one, which was great, because neither the girls' NOR boys' states meet had one this year!! I hope you figure it out!

I'm getting nervous for my guy. He is practicing his little heart out, but he can't seem to land his FlyAway's anymore. He did get his double RO-BHS back though and better than ever. :)

I'm getting nervous for my guy. He is practicing his little heart out, but he can't seem to land his FlyAway's anymore. He did get his double RO-BHS back though and better than ever. :)

I always find the pre-meet practices are the most odd. Sometimes even simple skills go awry. It seems their best meets follow a week like that.

I am getting excited for this weekend. My son is getting excited for after Regionals. ;)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back