WAG Round off Back handspring too high!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I’m an Xcel silver who is competing tomorrow. At our gym we have the choice of competing a round off back handspring or a backwards roll. I am one of the few doing a back hand spring but I’m having some issues. Apparently I’m not getting my feet in front of me before my back handspring causing it to be high. I know what I need to do but I’m struggling to do it. My coach won’t let me compete it if it is too high and it will be determined during meet warm ups. I need some quick advice because my backward roll is probably worse. Thank you!

I’m an Xcel silver who is competing tomorrow. At our gym we have the choice of competing a round off back handspring or a backwards roll. I am one of the few doing a back hand spring but I’m having some issues. Apparently I’m not getting my feet in front of me before my back handspring causing it to be high. I know what I need to do but I’m struggling to do it. My coach won’t let me compete it if it is too high and it will be determined during meet warm ups. I need some quick advice because my backward roll is probably worse. Thank you!
It's likely a confidence issue preventing you from getting your body to make the changes you need to make. We can't really advise without seeing it.
I don't think it will be any easier to change in a meet warm up, often in this situation borderline skills get worse due to unfamiliar equipment and pressure.
You are probably better off accepting that you will likely doing the safe backward roll , take the pressure off, then go back to the gym and fix the skill.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back