Rylee ~ 4y/o doing gymnastics (small video)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

lovemylifex4

Proud Parent
I posted in the preschool section a while back about Rylee joining pre-team at 3.5y/o. Thought I'd post a quick video of her doing some gymnastics at home today.

She is VERY close to getting her round-off back handspring. We are thinking by the end of summer she will have it by herself. This week I will remember the video camera and get some shots of her working on it with her coach. It's so cute to watch her trying SO hard to get it... she wants it SO bad (it's literally all she talks about these days :rolleyes: ;)).

Anyways, here's Rylee at 4 years, 2 months old doing what she loves :)

YouTube - lovemylifex4's Channel

Wow she is ever so good for just 4. And the cutest smile too. I can see her doing well when she is old enough to compete.

shes adorable and already a GREAT gymnast for that age!
you should video all of your children and especiall McKenzee doing her somersault!

nice video!

Great Vid! She does look very good for being only 4--she seems very coordinated and strong! I love your basement set-up by the way--it looks like a great place for the kids to play! And with 4 kids--you need a basement playground!! LOL

Wow she does awesome. Very good form especially for her age. I have a 6 year old and we are still working on some of the things that your daughter does perfect. My 6 year old is getting ready to go to pre-team in July. Again your daughter does really good and hope to see more videos of her soon.

Last edited:
She is amazing! My non-gymmie just turned 4 and no way she could do any of that stuff. She doesn't want to either, but still. I would never have guessed she was 4, I would have guessed 5 by her size, form and skill. She is beautiful and obviously has lots of potential! And Abby LOVED all her gym stuff. She said she had a gym in her house! Mimi loved her video, too. When she did her HS to bridge kickover she was like, "Oh my gosh, I can't even do a handstand!" LOL.

Very cute! She's got quite the list of skills down already, looking good! Lovin those hands turned in on the backwards roll to hollow and her toepoint through to her lunge on her cartwheel! My daughter was dancing/cartwheeling along to the music haha. Party in the USA is like an anthem in this house, Ashley is always turning it on. She says Rylee is 'splendiferous!' and was so surprised to hear she's only 4!

I got an earful about not having an 'awesome gym' at home LOL. I told her no way, she comes to a fully equipped gym while I work and spends all her time on the trampoline and the rings! In the end she declared self promotion a viable substitute for home equipment and mandated my avatar should be her. Kids are silly!

Last edited:
Thanks everyone :) The girls do spend a lot of time practicing on all of our equipment. They love it. My oldest daughter started asking for her own beam, mats, etc... right after she started gymnastics at 5.5. For the bar I don't usually allow them on it unless I am standing right there for safety reasons. Of course, I was holding the video camera so I couldn't stand next to her. But I am always right there and they are not allowed to try anything new on the bar that they cannot already do at the gym with their coach.

Last night was evaluation night and Rylee needs her ro bhs on floor and stride circle and front hip circle on the bar. She is determined to get those! Of course, once she does get them she won't be able to move to level 4 team still until she is at least 5 (and can't compete until she is 6). But, she's excited that she's getting close.

Linsul ~ LOL! How cute!!! I LOVE your avator!

mommyof2 ~ Compared to my other children, she is a little tall for her age. She also lost most of her baby fat this winter (since starting fast tracks) and I think that adds to it. A lot of people at our gym think she is 5 or a young 6 and are amazed to find out she just turned 4. BUT she has two older siblings... one just turned 7 and the other just turned 6... not a lot of time to get a 5 or 6 year old in there. LOL! She turned 4 on January 30th! When she's out there with the older girls she really does look very little... lol.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back