Sapphire Invitational next weekend!:D

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Wow Katie you have some super skills there. Well done especially for your bars. Brilliant!

Oh Boy, emotional melt down on beam, worst comp ever, and then we had to leave her and let her come home on the team bus. Picked her up with trepidation expecting a wreck. Noooooo, my P&F has decided she has had enough of level 5 and is going to ROCK level 4 next year !

Today she has her tee shirt (signed by Gabby Jupp) glued to her, her leggins on and is practicing beam on the carpet.

Bless! Glad she bounced back up!!

She had a great comp! No medals but steady over 11s scores on all apparatus. Clean comp and just what she needed :) We then went to Harry Potter studio after.

Skipping school, great comp, happy hanging out with gym buds and being an HP fan, her day was dazzling :)

Fab comp results. But I am so jealous of the Harry Potter studio tour. We all want to go there!!

Well done Katie, love the video - you look great! And well done little Putri - sounds as though she had a good day.

Why did I not know about the Harry Potter studio tour?! My dd is so crazy about Harry Potter right now - has read as far as The Order of the Phoenix and dresses up as Hermione (it's the only time she will ever wear a skirt, lol). Do I tell her and she'll 'need' to go... or do I not...

Oh just go. Enjoy the fact that she will adore it. They are little for such a short time you can miss the moments when they can get lost in a great story.

I am off to Northumberland next month and I will be visiting Alnwick Castle where there film many scenes of HP. Cannot wait.

Well done Katie, love the video - you look great! And well done little Putri - sounds as though she had a good day.

Why did I not know about the Harry Potter studio tour?! My dd is so crazy about Harry Potter right now - has read as far as The Order of the Phoenix and dresses up as Hermione (it's the only time she will ever wear a skirt, lol). Do I tell her and she'll 'need' to go... or do I not...

It was only 4.5 miles away (at least what my SatNav/Waze app said). Got there in 10 min :)

Go! It was a lot of fun and educational. Dd loves art and saw in person that you don't always have to be a canvas artist :)

I am off to Northumberland next month and I will be visiting Alnwick Castle where there film many scenes of HP. Cannot wait.

We went. And it was raining!! Broomstick course in the rain :) If it's your first time, book the treehouse cafe if you do the garden. Kind of interesting place.

Oh, if you love book shops, go to the one in Alnick. Barter Books. It's the home of the Keep Calm posters too. Lovely independent book shop!!

We went. And it was raining!! Broomstick course in the rain :) If it's your first time, book the treehouse cafe if you do the garden. Kind of interesting place.

Oh, if you love book shops, go to the one in Alnick. Barter Books. It's the home of the Keep Calm posters too. Lovely independent book shop!!

Thank you so much for those tips will definitely check those places out.

My parents live close by now and this is my first visit to the area. Surprising them with a visit, should be amusing unless it gives them heart attacks.

Ditto on the treehouse and bookshop at Alnwick . Great place

Someone just used the treehouse for their wedding reception on "don't tell the bride" it was so cute.

It's not because I don't want to take her! Of course I'd love to. It's because there's no such thing as 'just going' to that there London (even Watford)!

It would mean booking somewhere to stay, sorting out someone to care for various animals, trying to find a weekend free or taking time off school/work... I looked into the costs when you posted and taking everything into account with entrance, station parking and trains and it will cost minimum £300, even staying in a youth hostel! Not much less if we do it in one day and don't stay over because the trains are crazy expensive before 9am.

Anwick might be a better option...

It's not because I don't want to take her! Of course I'd love to. It's because there's no such thing as 'just going' to that there London (even Watford)!

It would mean booking somewhere to stay, sorting out someone to care for various animals, trying to find a weekend free or taking time off school/work... I looked into the costs when you posted and taking everything into account with entrance, station parking and trains and it will cost minimum £300, even staying in a youth hostel! Not much less if we do it in one day and don't stay over because the trains are crazy expensive before 9am.

Anwick might be a better option...

If you need to travel a bit, it is expensive. That's why I took advantage of the comp :) So glad dd did a morning and ending at 2:30ish! I didn't buy tickets until we got near the studio, just in case :)

We have a family railcard and it's fab. Yes it does save you a fortune, but travel to London is a double fortune :(. Cheapest I could find, which gave enough time to actually see the place, was £3 shy of £100. Add the entrance tickets and so on and we'd be paying as much for a day out as for our week long summer camping holiday.

We will either have to combine it with a trip for some other reason, or maybe as a post comp season/birthday/pre-Christmas weekend away.

But I will do it. I don't think we can not!

Turn it into a family holiday somehow. Though I know skipping school is very much frowned on in the UK. I pulled my primary school kids out all the time so we could do educational and family trips (never to beach resorts always to great cities) and my kids learned so much. Travel broadens the mind so much more when you are not battling every other family whose kids is on school hols. Though now they are much older I do not pull them from high school.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back