Scared of beam??

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

When i do a BWO on beam my hands always seperate and I cant get them together and same for the BHS i do it on a floor beam and it gets me mad that i am scared of the beam! Help any ideas?

Practice, practice and even more practice. Start from low to high, build up mats under them and take it slowly.

Do you have enough shoulder flexibility to get your hands together in a BWO? Maybe some work on shoulder flexibility and strengthening shoulderblade muscles might help...

When i do a BWO on beam my hands always seperate and I cant get them together and same for the BHS i do it on a floor beam and it gets me mad that i am scared of the beam! Help any ideas?

That's my DD's fear factor too. If you can figure that one out then share that magic pill.

I think every gymnast no matter how good they are has something that just scares them even if they look like they are doing it well. I think it just takes practice and I hate to say it but just sucking it up and going for it. Eventually you will do it but I think the fear factor will always be there for something.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back