Parents send dinner to school?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

SHELOVESGYM

Proud Parent
Currently DD finishes gym at 8pm. When I drive her home I pack her a dinner that she eats in the car so that when she gets home she can shower and do homework and get to bed. Lately we have started carpooling home more and I am considering sending DD with a packed dinner so that she can eat some of it during her snack break at gym and finish it in the car on the way home even when I don't drive. On a couple of the days this would mean sending her to school with her dinner b/c I don't always drive her to gym. Does anyone do this? If so what sort of things do you pack?

Your situation is nearly exact to mine! On the days I don't drive her to the gym AND don't drive her home, I pack an extra heavy lunch. She eats after school and then during practice. Then eats dinner when she gets home.

On days that I don't drive her to the gym, but I'm in charge of carpool, I bring dinner to the gym, heat it up there (if needed) and then she eats and rides.

It's tough. Because every minute counts from leaving the gym to getting in bed.

I used to carpool. And there sometimes were as many as 6 girls in my car. We all go directly from school. I don't mean to be a stick in the mud and believe the girls need to nourish themselves, but when I had 6 girls in the car, some girls changed in the car and they all ate in the car. And I have to say, it was enough reason for me to just drive my daughter because my car was a total mess even after only one trip. They were young and sometimes tossed food around and were very active while in the car that it was inevitable they's spill things. While I did not work, I still have four very busy children and did so much running around. I am not a neat fanatic but I like some kind of order and cleanliness. So as a courtesy to the one driving, perhaps choose food that leave as little crumbs, mess and grease as possible. There were only three mothers that drove. The other mothers worked. And while I am happy to give their daughters a ride, it was hard to deal with the constant disaster my car was left in.

Does your gym have a microwave? I would pack dinner leftovers with an ice pack and have her heat it before leaving. Or something like cold pasta salad in a thermos. It does require a good quality lunchbag/ thermos. I also use a frozen juice box as an extra ice pack.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back