Parents Severs & Shots?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I agree, you probably have one a size to big. I noticed she occasionally adjusts it but it seems to stay on for an entire floor routine . . beam work out. I think she's adjusting because she's not 100% use to it . . and she was in between sizes. I opted to go up rather then chance it being to small.

I'm pretty sure she has the right size (medium short). The first time she wore them in the gym she kept on adjusting them pulling them up the back of her foot because they would slip down a little when she ran or jumped. They never fell off but it bothered her because it would slip down and just didn't feel right. After the warm-up, she decided to take them off and put her cheetah heel cups back on. I'll see if she'll give the X brace another chance. She's been battling Sever's on and off for a couple years now.

Try the x brace. She's been using that cheetah cup thing for over a year with very little change . . besides the thing stinks up her bag and has to be replaced every few weeks!

I turn the heel cups inside out and wash them inside a pillow case on gentle cycle. That helps with the stink. :)

I'm pretty sure she has the right size (medium short). The first time she wore them in the gym she kept on adjusting them pulling them up the back of her foot because they would slip down a little when she ran or jumped. They never fell off but it bothered her because it would slip down and just didn't feel right. After the warm-up, she decided to take them off and put her cheetah heel cups back on. I'll see if she'll give the X brace another chance. She's been battling Sever's on and off for a couple years now.

My dd felt the same way about the X brace. She just never quite liked them, other than the support that it gave her flat feet. I'm hoping she'll give them another try because I'm just not sure how much the Cheetah is helping either. I can't imagine my dd sitting still for a shot to go in her foot. She'd rather have the boot for a few weeks, I would imagine.

Good luck to everyone out there who has a dd with Severs. It seems like a long road...

Question about the x brace...they are sold as a pair. But my daughter's severs is only in one foot. Do you wear both anyway? Or just on the foot that is painful?

Jess wears it on both feet.

One came loose during her floor routine at a competition last weekend! For the next competition we are going try to tape the back on!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back