Parents She did it! (small brag on younger DD)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

UnoMas

Proud Parent
Younger DD (age 6) did her RO BHS without that one-finger spot today...over and over again!:) Now,there were a few head scrapes here and there still but she is doing it and I am super proud of her. She managed to get quite a few with no head or even pigtails touching the ground! She had been "leading" with her head for awhile and it was a scary thing to see!

Now...all she needs is her vault, front hip, shoot through, mill circle and beam dismount:pLOL and she will be ready to compete! Hee hee...one thing at a time, right?;)

wow! at 6!!:eek: good for her!!! bet she's pleased! and gymnasts are never happy...as soon as they get one skill, they are looking ahead to the next, lol.

Sounds like bars are her sticky patch, huh? Too cute, tell her keep at it! she'll get it, just like the ROBHS...
congrats!!

Totally get that feeling! My DD finally got hers last week without a spot and on the floor. She even put it in her floor routine. :) Now, I'm alot less nervous watching her do it. Congrats to your DD on getting the ROBHS. Bet she will have the rest in no time!

Congrats that is awesome. I bet she is so proud. My daughter is 6 also and is working on that. She loves when she gets a new skill. Tell your daughter good job and to keep it up.

Sounds like bars are her sticky patch, huh? Too cute, tell her keep at it! she'll get it, just like the ROBHS...
congrats!!

:)Yes, bars are her sticky patch for sure. She joined "team" at age 5 and it took her 11 months to get her pullover and back hip circle. But when she got them, she got them beautifully. She had been spotted SO many times that the straight legs and pointed toes stuck! She does things on her own time schedule, that's for sure, which is 100% ok with me!:)

Thanks for the words of encouragement!

Oh how exciting!! I still remember when my DD got hers. Definitely a big deal!!! Congrats to her! Sending her the rest of the level 4 skills fairies!!

Oh how exciting! HUGE congrats to her!!! Love it when they get a new skill... it's so exciting for them!!

After Alexis got hers (she was also 6) for like the next 2 weeks after the first time at each practice that she would do it she would look over at me and say, "I can STILL do it"! LOL!

Yeah for her :) It is one of my favorite things to watch them do and it is so exciting when they get it. My least favorite is that shoot through and mill circle. My DD never did well with them so tell her to just do her best with it :)

So exciting!! I too remember when my daughter got this and how excited she was. It was an awesome moment for both of us as I am sure it was for you! Give her a big "high-5" for me!

Dawn
Mom to 9yo Level 5 and twin 3yo mini-stars

Thats awesome!!! Congrats to her. I am still waiting on my 5 year old to get that darn pullover and back hip circle:confused:

Monique
B 12/25/04

Yay, congrats to little DD! Like other posters, I can remember when my dd got this skill (she was just about to turn 6). They weren't always pretty at first, but they got better quickly. I hope bars comes along for your little dd too!

Thats awesome!!! Congrats to her. I am still waiting on my 5 year old to get that darn pullover and back hip circle:confused:

Monique
B 12/25/04

Monique, she'll get it. My DD was 5 when she got both of those skills, too. One day she couldn't do anything and the next day she did pullover, back hip circle, AND dismount...all in one day! Hope you see it soon. It can sure be frustrating to watch!;)

Yay, congrats to little DD! Like other posters, I can remember when my dd got this skill (she was just about to turn 6). They weren't always pretty at first, but they got better quickly. I hope bars comes along for your little dd too!

:eek: DD's are not pretty either, but we will take it! She did some more on Friday and they were already starting to work on her getting her legs together...so maybe they'll be prettier soon! We are definitely still waiting on bar fairies and will take any that fly our way!

:DUpdate: Little miss Thing did her beam dismount AND her shoot through today! :D She's on a roll...came home from practice EXHAUSTED and crabby! Must have worked REALLY hard!:p

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back