WAG She go her BWO on beam!!!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

kayjaybe

Proud Parent
The back walkover has been a HUGE block for my L6 dd this season. She has been terrified to do it (This summer wouldn't even do it on the floor beam), but has been working on it. She kept rushing into it and throwing it off to the side. Private lessons, lots of tips from the coaches and nothing was helping. I was dreading beam at her competition today because I was so nervous for her and I was afraid that she would be distracted the entire meet by her worries.

During warm-up, the coach spotted her once or twice. She did one on her own, but fell off (but at least got a foot on). She tried a few more and they were all thrown off to the side w/o even a foot near the beam.

But in the competition....she GOT IT!!! I could have cried tears of joy when she landed both those feet on the beam. She got an 8.85 and took 5th place. Only medal of the day, but just the fact that she went for it was a win in my book!

Congrats to her...I know how troublesome that BWO is...my L6 DD is also fighting with it and she also landed hers yesterday at her first meet! :)
It's great that your DD "got it at the meet". I love it when they do that! So cool!

that is super! way to go! I have sat at many a meets dreading beam for this exact reason so I feel your 'pain' but hopefully today was a turn around for her! competing it correctly in a meets is a huge confidence booster.

Congratulations to your dd on BWO!!! Definitely the most nerve-wracking skill of level 6 (with full turn in a close second).

I find it funny how best events change from season to season. Here you were nervous for beam and that was her best placement.

It's amazing what these girls can do when in that do or die situation! So happy for her! What a boost of confidence this will be for her!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back