Should i get new grips?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I got grips last may and they were fine. But they stretched out alot and now my grips can lay completely flat without a problem. I've noticed i have been slipping off the bar ALOT more then usual. Its hard to get a handle on my kips when they stupid buckles don't stay put! No matter how tight i make them they always end up slipping up and down mid kip. I've also slipped off the high bar a couple times too. My coach said just to tighten them and put them down further. This doesn't work at all. Should i just get new grips that are smaller? This is really frustrating. I can barely get through a routine without them making my hands slip. Doing bar conditioning today was super tough as i couldn't get a grasp on the bar because my grips were slipping up my hand. Should i just get new grips? Will it be hard to break them in again? When i got my current pair of grips it was so hard to get use to them.

I would try a different grip brand, but i don't think my coach would allow it. She asked specificity asked us get US Bulldog buckle grips.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back