WAG Skill Worth and Bonus...

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I'm going to be in level 9 this year, and all my coaches seem to have very different opinions on what skills are worth and how to earn bonus. Our CoP is outdated, so I don't trust it.

I just have a few quick clarification questions...

What is a straddle back on bars worth? I would be doing it to a handstand.

Is a double full (backwards) on floor a C or a D?

Will I get bonus on bars if I do a pirouette on the high bar (starting facing the low bar, ending away from it), swing forward, and then do a straddle back? If so, how much?

Is a front giant + pirouette bonus? If so, how much?

Is a flyaway 1/2 on bars a B dismount?

Thank you, and sorry to ask so many questions. I just want to make sure that I'm going to go to a meet with a routine that is a high SV, AND allowed.

If your coaches are worth thier salt, they should have a current Code of Points. By the way, the existing CoP is good all the way thru the end of 2013. There have been addendums to it, but the basic yellow notebook is still in effect. And be careful how you refer to things; skills are categorized as A, B, C, etc. At level 9 you only get bonus (up to 0.3 per event) for connections. Skills don't have a "worth." Your coach should be the first place you go for questions about your routines.

Good Luck.

My coaches are good, I just don't trust our CoP. I think it might actually be to date, but it is torn up, pages are missing, and there is really no hope to find out what is going on.

I know that you only get connection bonus in level 9. By skill "worth" I meant is the skill an A, B, C, etc.

As I said, all my coaches seem to have different opinions for all of these questions.

I know a couple answers because my dd is working on some of those skills...

A back double full is a C

A flyaway 1/2 is a B (but I've heard judges are tough on that skill)

My dd is doing bails not straddle backs but I would think they are similar. She has been told that if she starts and finishes in handstand it is a D, if she only hits one of the two handstands it is a C, if she hits neither handstand it is a B.

I am pretty sure front giant and front giant half are both c's, so c+c = .2 I believe.

This is all according to my dd, but she might be wrong?!?!

Good luck!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back