Parents Some news of my dd

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

As some of you might remember dd didn't have such a good 2nd meet to place for regionals. Ended up last, because of stuffing up bars. Well she thought because of that she wouldn't make regionals. But . . . . . . . .

SHE DID!!!!!

Because she placed 2nd at her 1st competition, she placed for regionals after all. Her gymnastics region goes by best out of 2 competition, so she is really happy now. She won't have it till May 12, so plenty of time to train.

But I also took her to our doctor this morning, because she has been having some discomfort/pain in her shin. She iced it for a while, took it a little easier, so not a lot of jumping or running. But it wouldn't go away. She has no training this week, because dd does gymnastics in a different region, than the region we live in. Her gymnast region has Spring break this week, we had it last week, so they are training in the morning her 2 trainings, so she can take it easy.

So the doctor said that her shin muscles are a bit on overload (not sure how to say it in english), so she will go to physio this Thursday and see what she says and what she can do.

I am glad her competition is a long way away still.

Congrats to Talitha! It sounds like her injury would be called "shin splints" here. They do get better with some rest and decreased pounding.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back