WAG Sophia Texas Prime Nastia Qualifier

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I can honestly say....no one and I mean NO ONE was more surprised than Sophia. Lesson learned...with pure joy, few expectations and gratitude for the opportunity to do SOMETHING after surgery....she shined. I learned a valuable lesson too. I realized that I had gotten wrapped up in her goals....thrown in my own ego and added pressure to her. YIKES.....eye opening for sure. Now that she has truly taken ownership of her own path in this sport....I believe we will both be happier for it!
Oh that is so true about them taking ownership of their own goals! I was bummed with DDs scores at one particular meet, but she was so happy with herself that my opinion went to the wayside and I was happy for her as it was. At that meet her team got first place, she was so excited that she jumped on the podium before they even announced it lol! I had to tell her "next time, even if you KNOW you guys are first, I know it's exciting, but please refrain from jumping up there until they announce it please" haha
At another meet, she individually didn't podium, but she performed her BHS for the first time and that's all she cared about, it's so fun to see how proud they get of their own individual goals :)

Congrats to Sophia, what an amazing accomplishment!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back