sore muscles:(

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

G

GymVamp

Hi everybody:)

Ok so today was my first day back at the gym. I have been out for two and a half months so i know i am going to be in pain tomorrow BUT i have a private with my coach tomorrow. So i was wondering if anyone knew any tricks to keeping the sore muscles away? I can't remember if its heat or ice? Thanks for the help:)
GymVamp:)

For muscles that have been sprained or strained or are swollen, use ice. This is to minimize swelling.

For sore muscles, you can ice baths or jacuzzi/sauna treatment.

If it isn't an injury, a massage, hot tub/sauna works well.

Ok so i should use a heating pad then? Cuz its not an injury just sore muscles from working out.

I think a nice hot bath/shower should be good to relax muscles (haven't used a heating pad myself). Don't push yourself too hard on the first practice back. Also, after practice if I know I'll be sore, I find it good to stretch out my muscles while I'm still warm just gently so you feel the stretch but aren't in a lot of pain or anything. Then you can try stretching them a tiny bit before you go to sleep. It should help loosen the muscles so they can sort of heal while you sleep and shouldn't be as sore the next day. If you're still sore the next day, you can take an advil but I think if you're really not up to it, just reschedule. Your coach will understand you're not fully 'back' yet. :)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back