Parents Sore muscles

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

AnotherTexasGymMom

Proud Parent
My 10 year old just started training for Optionals. The conditioning is more intense, and she is complaining every day of sore muscles, especially calf and glutes. Any suggestions of things to help alleviate the soreness? We have tried bath with epsom salts, and that does not seem to help...

Regular foam rolling may help. You can get a foam roller at Target for about $25, and look up instructions online. It isn't a quick fix but it helps.

My dd went through the same thing after being off injured for a while and having to go back to full conditioning (we do modified during comp season) what really helped her is taking hot baths after gym with bath salts, I would also massage her calfs with a little A535 after and work out any knots that she got during workout. We also got her a foam roller (not just for her calfs though she had knee and hip problems and physio said it would help a lot) so she carries it to gym and back and rolls out at home. Hope this helps and good luck to your dd in optionals

Be sure she stays hydrated and foam rollers are great. You should drink half your body weight in ounces a day to be properly hydrated.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back