Spinoff from Cost of L4 Thread

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I know that gym tuition varies from gym to gym but was surprised to see such a huge difference. For 7 hours a week at level 4, our gym costs $340/month. I saw that someone posted that they pay around $150 (can't remember the exact amount) for level 4 at their gym and they get more hours.

When you guys post how much it costs do you just post the tuition amount or is this the total for all fees? The $340/month includes all meet fees, leo, warm-ups, etc. There are no other fees that we have to pay. So I'm just wondering if we're really just paying A LOT or if others just aren't including all of the other fees.

We pay $277 a month for 9 hours, training L5 (but not L4). She doesn't compete yet, so no meet fees. One $40 leo fee per season.

That is very expensive if you ask me! At level 4 we paid around $155 a month for 9 hours. We paid meet fees seperately which ran around $1000 then competition was every other year and varies but is about $250 total. So if you break it down to monthly it would have been about $255 per month. But we have a very active booster club that helps offset alot of the fees!!

You just can't compare the cost of gym fees at a private gym in SoCal with gym fees at a private gym in Alabama. Real estate costs more, coaches have to be paid more to make a subsistence, so do the owners to have take more money home to be able to keep the lights on. And the parents' salaries are hopefully more or they wouldn't be able to live there.

I think things at DD gym are pretty minimal in comparison to most. But we arent a gym everyone is beating down the door to join. Although we have had the L10 state champ (only 5 or 6 in the whole state..but still)for 2 yrs, year before that she was 2nd place L10, she was the top L9 before that. Even had one girl make it to nationals about 5 yrs ago. So we are and A-Okay gym in mho.
At DD gym they have a flat 360 rate that you pay for "team fees".
This covers, USAG reg (60)., coaches fees (200), and team fee (100)
This is straight across the board, no matter level. You have 6 months to pay the 360. You can do it in one lump sum..or split it up to 60 a month. As long as its all paid BEFORE any meets.
Then you have to buy a leo, warm up, duffle. They are getting new leos this year..so no buying a used one for us, same warm ups, but she has outgrown her old one. I will buy her a new warm up this year instead of a used one, because last year I paid 70 bucks for a used one when the new ones were 80. Coaches didnt know the new ones were going to be so low as for when they first got them they were 125. So thought I was getting a deal with the 70. Watch this year it will be back up to 125 and i will screw myself when i turn down a used one..lol.
You also have to pay the meet fees. They are not all due at once. Normaly about 4 to 6 wks prior to the meet. Just as long as you have it paid by the dead line..they dont care if you pay in the begning or one at a time.
As far as monthy tuition
2hrs $70
4hrs $120
5hrs $130
6hrs $135
8hrs $155
9hrs $160
12hrs $185
16hrs $220
20hrs $260
NO ONE trains more than 20hrs a week. And they are closed on weekends. They have a very strong belief and letting them be kids as much as possible. It really seems to work well for them and the girls.

So it's looking like Anna's gym is on the high end...unfortunately for me. Tuition for Level 4 is $190/month (for the 7 hours/week) and then they combine all meet fees (I was told 6-7 meets/year), coaches fees, leos, warm-up, etc...into another $150/month fee. That one is paid 9 months out of the year though, not all 12. The only other fee is a one time "equipment" fee of $125 that's due once a year....that fee seems kind of ridiculous, but whatever. So when I think about our gym costs I'm thinking about the tuition ($190) + the 2nd fee ($150). Jeez...it's SOOOO much money. We are at one of the better gyms in our state but still. It's hard to wrap my head around it.

Anna will actually not be doing Level 4 this next year. She was invited to join Level 4 but she's still so young (5) and I think she needs to mature a bit before we jump in and pay all that money. She'll have just as much fun going 1.5hrs/day as she would going 3.5hrs/day right now I think...at least that's what I'm telling myself. ;) I think 3.5hrs/day for her is too much right now anyway. And this will give us another year to figure out if we can make Team work financially..

I think things at DD gym are pretty minimal in comparison to most. But we arent a gym everyone is beating down the door to join. Although we have had the L10 state champ (only 5 or 6 in the whole state..but still)for 2 yrs, year before that she was 2nd place L10, she was the top L9 before that. Even had one girl make it to nationals about 5 yrs ago. So we are and A-Okay gym in mho.
At DD gym they have a flat 360 rate that you pay for "team fees".
This covers, USAG reg (60)., coaches fees (200), and team fee (100)
This is straight across the board, no matter level. You have 6 months to pay the 360. You can do it in one lump sum..or split it up to 60 a month. As long as its all paid BEFORE any meets.
Then you have to buy a leo, warm up, duffle. They are getting new leos this year..so no buying a used one for us, same warm ups, but she has outgrown her old one. I will buy her a new warm up this year instead of a used one, because last year I paid 70 bucks for a used one when the new ones were 80. Coaches didnt know the new ones were going to be so low as for when they first got them they were 125. So thought I was getting a deal with the 70. Watch this year it will be back up to 125 and i will screw myself when i turn down a used one..lol.
You also have to pay the meet fees. They are not all due at once. Normaly about 4 to 6 wks prior to the meet. Just as long as you have it paid by the dead line..they dont care if you pay in the begning or one at a time.
As far as monthy tuition
2hrs $70
4hrs $120
5hrs $130
6hrs $135
8hrs $155
9hrs $160
12hrs $185
16hrs $220
20hrs $260
NO ONE trains more than 20hrs a week. And they are closed on weekends. They have a very strong belief and letting them be kids as much as possible. It really seems to work well for them and the girls.

You must not live in Texas or SoCal... ;)

Our gym costs are very fair. We pay the eqivalent of US$300 per term for about 9 hours of L4 per week. Each term is about 12 weeks, so that works out to be $25/week or $2.78 per hour! That's just for coaching - we have to pay for leos, meets etc. on top of that. It's done that way so that parents can decide if they can afford to do a particular meet or not etc. Our meets are far away and expensive. Sometimes there are funds available to help out from various fundraisers, but we never know in advance how much. That's why none of that is built in. The competition leo cost about $125 and this is DD's second year wearing it. We are also getting track suits that we'll have to pay for. We also pay a coaching fee for each meet of $12.50, and we pay our own airfares, hotel and our share of bus transportation to and from the meet and airport. There was one meet last year that the gymnasts' airfares were paid with funds raised.

Our meet fees come in a yearly assessment that includes a portion of coaches fees, USAG membership fees, meet fees, and a few other things outlined in the info packet that is given with the fee schedule. The yearly assessment is different for each level- depends on number of meets, meet cost, and coaches fees. You can fundraise for it- which many gymnasts do to cover at least a portion of it. It is in addition to the monthly tuition and is due either in one lump sum or on a payment plan- all assessment fees are due before the 1st meet. Not included in the assessment or tuition is competition leo, warm-ups, and bag- all those are additional payments.

Last edited:
It sounds like our gym is a lot cheaper than many....probably because Kentucky isn't exactly a gymnastics powerhouse state. LOL

Our L4s train 8 hours in the summer for $130. We have an optional flexibility/conditioning class that meets an additional 4 hours a week for $40. This is tuition only and includes no type of competition fees. We were required to purchase a team practice leo but it was very reasonable...only $25.

Our L4's pay $245/mo for 12 hours in summer, and this does not include any meet fees, etc. There are four $150 payments to cover those fees (paid to our booster club) and then we also pay for the comp. leo, warm-up and duffel on our own.

And we're not in Texas or So. Cal. :)

Last edited:
I am in Florida and our level 4's pay 265/ month for 12 hours in the summer and that does not include any meet fees or competition fees. We pay around 500 each season so around 1,000 per year in meet fees and coaches expenses.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back