Parents Spinoff-how many left?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

ODD had 9 girls in her L3 group. 2.5 years later, 2 quit, and the rest are spread between 3 different gyms and 3 different levels. Interestingly, none of us stayed at our original gym, but we all still keep in touch and the girls still get together for birthdays, camps and open gyms!

My DDs Xcel bronze team for the 2014 spring season had 17 girls. Of them, 8 are competing usaigc copper, 5 are competing usaigc bronze (the gym dropped Xcel and went solely usaigc), 2 have quit gymnastics, and 2 (including my DD) have moved away. Of the two that moved away, one is competing L4 and my DD is training L7.

From DD's original old level 4 group of approximately 18 girls, 2 are training 9 at the same gym, 1 is training 7 (love how she sticks with it even though she has been slower moving up than the other girls!!), 1 is competing Xcel, 2 (including my DD) are at new gyms training 9, and the other 12 are no longer in the sport for club, but there is a chance some may be competing high school.

DD original group of littles which is now considered new level1 ( yes we compete that level) had about 20 there are 5 original girls left 6 years later, most have left the sport as the hours increased and have new sports or other interests 2 have gone to excel and two - three to gyms that fit their families schedules better. We had a group of 21 at DD level this year ( a small army of gymnasts) but around half came in level new 3 and 4 and stayed.

In DD's first year competing (09-10), she was with a team of 12 girls. Eight, including her, are still on the team, currently competing L8-L10.

DS's first competitive year was 2011-12, and he competed on a team of five boys. Four, including him, are still on the team, and they currently range from L5 to L8 (though the L5 guy is a bit of an anomaly and will likely compete L7 or L8 next year after spending a few years training in a gym that didn't develop him properly).

DD and I were just looking at her old level 4 team photo. There are 30 girls in the photo.

Seven of those girls are still doing gymnastics at our gym. Three just finished their level 8 season, one was level 7 and 3 were level 6s last season.

Another five moved to another gym couple years ago and all competed level 7 last season.

From pre-team in 2010, originally 11 girls. all but 4 have quit gym to do other activites, Dance, Acro and cheer, 2 did L7 this year, 1 did L9 and 1 did National Novice High Performance.

DD's L3 team had 6. There are now 3 left in 2 separate levels.

We then switched gyms. Our L4 team had 23 gymnasts. There are 22 left over 3 levels.

There were 11 girls on DD's L3 team. 3 moved to other g yms. 1 retired due to injury. 3 moved to IGC and eventually retired. 1 retired to do music instead.

My daughter is the only one left from her original level 2 team. We are hoping to compete level 7 next year after two back to back seasons of not competing due to foot injuries

My ODD started in XB in Spring 2013. There were 5 of them. First year gym did Xcel. 1 quit right after. 1 moved to JO did one season and quit. 3 moved gyms (including my DD) All 3 did XS last year. This year 1 more quit due to injury. My DD and her buddy have XG Regionals on Sun :) They were the youngest that started and not at all the stand outs.

Had 7 girls at level 4 (most quit within 2 yrs at L5 or L6 and the last hold out quit after 7 yrs as L8).

Had different 9 girls at level 5 (none left, 3 quit within 2 yrs, 1 quit after 3 yrs, 3 more quit after 4 yrs, 1 stuck through graduate). Dd is last standing. Of these girls, 2 never advanced past L5, 1 went Prep Op, 1 stopped at 6, 3 stopped at L8 and one at L9. Dd is only 10 out of them

My dd started right off in a devo group. Only one other girl from that group is in gym, level 7. When she started team at level 4, there were 7 girls. (She moved up before the other who is still here) none of them compete anymore except my dd who just finished level 9 season.

My ds started with 5 boys, none of which compete anymore. And he changed gyms last year...Just finished level 8.

There were 40 in pre-team...24 were selected for Level 4
By level 6, we were down to 6.
At level 8, just 2.
My daughter was the last one starting at level 9, and we moved, so of that original group, none :(

Of the 9 girls who started competing with my dd 5 years ago, 3 are still doing gym at the club, 2 were at other clubs last year (don't know if they are still competing this year)
Four girls joined the group the next year, 2 remain.

Of the 9 girls who were in another dd's dev group 4 years ago, 1 remains in the sport.

I'm not a parent, I'm a coach.

Almost 4 years ago I started coaching a group of 11 pre-team girls, 6-7 year old. After the first year 2 of them switched back to rec, one went to aesthetic group gymnastics team and 1 was left in pre-team because she was younger. 1 quit, 1 was moved to a higher group because she was so talented. So only 5 left after the first year. They were combined with 7 other girls from another preteam group. After the second year one of these girls switched to competitive dance, one to aesthetic group gymnastics and one for cheer. So only 9 girls left so we had to take 3 girls from rec to try out and they stayed. After the third summer I left and not long after that three of the original girls quit - one started aesthetic group gymnastics, one started competitive dance and one just quit. It was sad because they told me they quit because they weren't happy with the new coach. So out of the 11 original girls 4 are still in the sport and they are all 10 or 11 years old and competing in two different levels and they practice in 3 different groups.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back