Sprained my other ankle

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

In practice today I was doing my beam routine, and I missed my cartwheel. It normally wouldn't have been a problem but my foot landed half off the 8-incher and I rolled it. :mad: I sprained my other ankle in September (for the same reason; foot landed half off a 4-inch mat coming down from the high bar), but I think this is worse because it's really swollen (looks like half a tennis ball) and it hurt very badly when I first rolled it. Also, when I rolled my other ankle I was able to walk/limp right after I rolled it, and was doing a little bit of dance by the end of practice. But it's been over 2 hours and it still really hurts to walk.

I have a meet on Saturday!!! :eek:uch: And last week I missed 4 practices because I had chickenpox, and I was just starting to get caught up :( I don't think it's broken because I can move it (though not very much), but I don't know if it'll be healed in time for the meet :( I'm really disappointed because the last meet was lax and badly run and I was looking forward to a real meet.

In practice today I was doing my beam routine, and I missed my cartwheel. It normally wouldn't have been a problem but my foot landed half off the 8-incher and I rolled it. :mad: I sprained my other ankle in September (for the same reason; foot landed half off a 4-inch mat coming down from the high bar), but I think this is worse because it's really swollen (looks like half a tennis ball) and it hurt very badly when I first rolled it. Also, when I rolled my other ankle I was able to walk/limp right after I rolled it, and was doing a little bit of dance by the end of practice. But it's been over 2 hours and it still really hurts to walk.

I have a meet on Saturday!!! :eek:uch: And last week I missed 4 practices because I had chickenpox, and I was just starting to get caught up :( I don't think it's broken because I can move it (though not very much), but I don't know if it'll be healed in time for the meet :( I'm really disappointed because the last meet was lax and badly run and I was looking forward to a real meet.

Aww :( *hugs* to you! Hope you heal quick! (And ugh! That's ALWAYS how I hurt my ankle! I roll it off a mat! :/)

Sometimes sprains improve dramatically in hours! Keep the swelling down (RICE) and think about an ASo brace. See the "need ankle fairies" thread for some encouragement and good luck to you!

Just an update. Went to the hospital to have it x-rayed; fortunately no breaks, but the sprain is "severe" and still very swollen. Had to be on crutches at school today (uncomfortable, but limping is very slow going). Almost definitely won't be going to the meet tomorrow :(

Funny thing happened at the hospital-- the nurse who was going to take my x-ray asked how old I was (14) and then "any chance of pregnancy?" Um, no! :eek:

Last edited:
Sorry you sprained your other ankle. Hope it gets better soon. Too bad you are missing this meet. Are you still attending?

That's too bad. :( I've had several ankle sprains and I know how much they stink. Hope it heals quickly! Make sure you do some exercises to strengthen both ankles after this one feels better!

That really stinks.. I hope you heal quickly and will be ready for the next meet! ANY CHANCE OF PREGNANCY??! HAHA That made me crack up :D

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back