Parents Stainless Steel Water Bottles

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Just wanted to advise parents to go on the internet and google the Today Show's report about stainless steel water bottles. There have been kids that have gotten their tongue stuck in the water bottle and it is not easy to cut off. The stainless kind with a small opening are the ones that they were talking about. Kids accidentally stick their tongue in to get that last drop of water, it creates a suction and because of the grooves on the inside of the bottle, it will not release their tongue. After a short few minutes, the tongue begins to swell and it will really not come out. There have been several kids who have nearly had to have their tongue amputated. I know my kids have used those bottles and when I saw the report I was HORRIFIED. My young son got his finger stuck in a stainless steel fishing reel once and it was all but impossible for the fire department to cut off of his finger. After a couple hours of dismantling it, they finally were able to get it off because they could not cut through it. I cannot imagine having my kid have their water bottle stuck to their tongue. Please take a minute to look for the video and tell others you know about this hazard.

Wow, that is horrific!!! My daughter uses a camelbak bottle- quite expensive, but I was tired of cheaper ones leaking, or my child having trouble opening them or whatever. I have never heard of this... reminds me of that scene from the movie A Christmas Story where the kid's toungue gets stuck to the cold metal pole. Thanks for posting about this, will watch out for them.

Didn't check out the report yet but I second the Camelbak bottles as the best ones around! My daughter and I both have one and they last forever. Plus, you can replace the straw or top if you need to.

a quick puncture hole will release the vacuum. i just had this happen at the gym. i took a sharp knife and 'stabbed' the bottle. end of story. but if you do this make sure to take careful aim...:)

a quick puncture hole will release the vacuum. i just had this happen at the gym. i took a sharp knife and 'stabbed' the bottle. end of story. but if you do this make sure to take careful aim...:)

I was thinking the same thing but then thought maybe it was the suction created by the threads at the tip of the bottle. Thanks for letting us know it works...

Sent from my AT100 using ChalkBucket mobile app

i would have gone and got my drill out of the truck but this kid was freaking out. so you do what you gotta do. lol.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back