WAG Starting Dance to help Gymnastics?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Recently I have been considering starting dance to help my leaps and dance skills at the gym... But I don't know if I should start or not. Do you think I should? Sorry if this is unclear. :)

If it doesn't interfere with gymnastics, yes!! I do dance and gymnastics and I get complimented on all of my dance elements. Being able to focus on just dance outside of the gym is a big advantage in my opinion. I would recommend taking ballet. It can be boring, but very hard. I think it has helped with my form a bit, and certainly with posture. If you can, take a fun class like jazz! Jazz will help you with rhythm, and it's also really fun. You can let loose and really enjoy dance.

DDs coach agreed with her taking dance last year because she was too stiff and robotic. That was in addition to her required dance class for team. And yes, it helped a lot! So I say go for it if it fits in your schedule!

My DD took ballet last year and it helped her with her balance, core muscles. Just beware they teach leaps turns and hand movement differently. I found my daughter was the most flexible and more advanced them the kids in the intermediate ballet class and she never took a class prior. Be sure if you do it you are placed correctly, don't assume you'll be a beginner dancer. Good luck and have fun!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back