Parents Summer break might break me

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

MAcastsalot

Proud Parent
DD (almost 6) is finishing up at her current gym, but will have 3 whole weeks before she starts at her new gym. I'm pretty sure I (and quite possibly my furniture) won't be able to handle it. As it is now, with gym two days a week, her time at home is spent doing vaults over the love seat, handstand push-ups in the hallway, and climbing to the tops of the door frame and hanging off. I might have to buy her that chin-up bar that she wants for her birthday a few months early!

Thank goodness our summer schedule kicks in on Monday!!! I just posted a video to FB this morning where my 6 yo Dd was doing pull ups on my entertainment center!!! (And we have a pull up bar ;) she likes to cast of my dining room table too!!!

What I'm likely going to lose my mind over is keeping track of her this summer! Our schedule increased to 4 days a week and we live 45 min from the only gym in our area-- means a lot of juggling for this momma!!!!

Our Summer Schedule starts Monday too.. The girls last Sat practice was cancelled and my kids are going stir crazy.. off to the park to burn some energy!

I am jealous that you get to jump right in! I am hoping that we will at least have nice weather. There is a large fallen tree in the woods behind her house that doubles as a beam, so there's that at least! Lots of hiking and swimming in the meantime, I guess!
Meganliz77, DD gets in trouble for casting on the table all the time!

My 4.5 yo daughter doesn't go to school yet, but her brother (9) has been on break for a week already! She loved taking him to open gym twice last week. She still has two classes per week and open gym will go down to once a week in middle June.

In addition to living room floor routines, sofa vaulting, chair arm casting, and side yard cartwheels, she has been enjoying jump roping, hula hooping, and swimming. Happy summer, all!

Years ago, OG would cast squat on to the card table. She would have her little sister holding it so it wouldnt tip, lol... When we got the new furniture, the chaise part of the couch became the new vault (had to close down the basement vault due to water). We still have the "handstand corner" and their floor beam. They like to swing on the top rail of their swingset (when we aren't looking, they will disconnect the swing for this), but that is BANNED because of rust... and that whole "safety" issue.
Good luck with your dd.

We start summer schedule next week with no time off except 4th of July week. I'm very glad because DD doesn't do well with time off of gym. She is fine on Monday, fine most of Tuesday but starts practicing Tuesday night. She can occupy herself on her beam and floor mats for most of Wednesday but starts asking how many more days. Thursday is difficult, Friday is choke-hold inducing, and by Saturday I'm ready to go outside and BUILD her a new gym just to shut her up and to stop the constant bangs and slams on her mats. Sunday, I send her to her grandparents!

Schools out Friday, and our last practice is Friday evening, then we have a week off then we move to 3 days a week... Between that we will be swimming, running, lots of playing at the park...

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back