Parents Summer

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gym is closed for one week in July and one week in August. Schedule for my dd changes from Mon/Wed 3-6 and Sat 12-3 (9 hours) to Mon-Thurs 7:30-11:30 (16 hours).

In the summer for optionals, their Monday and Friday practice is changed to the morning, which is awesome so we have the rest of the day to do whatever. We also have the option to add a day of practice as long as they come to their regularly scheduled practice, so my girls usually take advantage of that opportunity and work out 5 days a week. The gym also typically closes for 1 week during the 4th of July week.

No official closing except holidays.

Number of training hours the same but they move to mornings, that’s 4x3hrs

Several weeks of camp. Considered optional, but strongly recommended.
That’s M-F, option of all day or half day mornings, pro-rated to include practice.

We chose, how many weeks, full or half days, or combination.

Mine does all camp weeks full day (most of the team girls do) with the occasional day or half day off. We take our vacation on a noncamp week to minimize time out of gym.

Practice moves to daytime M-F 35 hours per week with a 1 hour break each day. This is up from 25 hours during the school year. 4th of July is the only day off.

Reactions: sce
For level 4/5 they go 8-1 4 days a week for summer camp throughout the summer. Optionals go 5 days.

Schedule doesn’t change for level 3. We have the option of adding an extra hour of practice.

Last year they had level 3 join the summer training camp, saw it was too intense for them, so they scaled back this summer.

At our gym the 2/3's still go in the evening (though it's earlier than the school year). Levels 4+ practice same number of hours, practice is just shifted to the morning. Our level 7's and up max out at 18 hrs a week. Gym is closed one week in early August and then we switch back to evening/school practice times when it reopens. I love summer schedule though it doesn't allow much sleeping in (starts at 830) but still better than being on the school bus at 7am. Love getting done at 12:30 and having the rest of the day to do what we want!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back