Surprise practice at new gym!!!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Azgymmiemom

Proud Parent
Yesterday, we got a call from the gym saying to make up an excuse to stop by our new gym facility (we have been trying to construct and get it ready for almost a year now...all the team parents have been helping) So, I bring my kids by on the pretense of dropping off some wall murals(I really needed to do that, actually:)) and the kids ask to go in and look around. I tell em, sure, but just for a few minutes, then we need to head to the old gym for practice (at our gym, there are no rec, cheer, or developmental/preteam classes on fridays...team only)

The coaches are there, so we go in...the gym is not quite finished with all equipment yet, but its really close. the coaches ask my kids if they want to jump on the new inground trampoline(didn't have one of those at the old gym) and jump into the new pit (didn't have one of those, either!!) so my kids are in heaven. Here come others, slowly trickling in. Then the coach yells and tells everyone to grab a jump rope. There were loud yells and cheers as the kids all realize that they are going to have practice right there in the new gym!! They had sooo much fun! and we have so much SPACE!!! its crazy!!! They are constructing a dance floor/room too and we even have a booster club room for meetings and storing stuff!!

Just had to share...I guess we aren't a tiny gym anymore, lol!!! and my kids can't wait to go back monday!!!:D

Pictures!! What a great idea...why didn't I think of that?! lol...lost in the excitement, I guess.
I will be there early on Monday. I will try to get some with just my kids out there. It IS a great Christmas present!! Funny thing, yesterday was the owner/head coach's birthday, and they are officially moved into the new gym, so I guess it's a great birthday preset, too! The kids all sang him Happy Birthday and brought in cupcakes for him.

The other great thing is that we have room for bleachers and will be able to host our own meets in house now instead of renting the local High School gymnasium. No moving equipment!! Yay!!!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back