Off Topic Team Colors

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

What about the excel girls' leos? Do your gyms have them get the leos that the compulsories have, or the ones that the optionals have?

Our excel girls get to pick their own leos as a team every 2 years, and that includes colors. This usually leads to the whole gym having red and black leotards, with the excel team in bright pink...Makes for an interesting picture of the whole gym on picture day.

Our whole gym has the same leos (including excel). As far as team colors, the had used the same color for several years (at least 5+) and just changed last year. I have no idea how long this will last...

We get new leo's every 2 years like many of the other posters on this thread, but we keep the same 2 colors and we've had them since the beginning of my gym, which is older than me:)

Our gyms colors are red and black. The optionals, compulsories, and xcel all have different leos. They're all long sleeved and red and black. I'm not sure how often the leos change because I started at this gym a year ago but I have no doubt that the colors will stay the same for a while.

New design every 3-5 years for grades, pre-grades.
Yearly new Leo for West Country league teams.
We tend to stick to different Leo's depending on group but stick to Blue, Black and silver.
This year the WCL girls have 3 Leo's depending on team.

For A League :
http://www.quatrogymnastics.com/shop/long-sleeve-leotards-womens-gymnastics-leotards/eternity-2/

For B League :
http://www.quatrogymnastics.com/shop/long-sleeve-leotards-womens-gymnastics-leotards/dazzle/

For C League :
http://www.quatrogymnastics.com/shop/long-sleeve-leotards-womens-gymnastics-leotards/infinity/

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByChalkBucket1373520663.911056.jpg
    ImageUploadedByChalkBucket1373520663.911056.jpg
    12.6 KB · Views: 126
  • ImageUploadedByChalkBucket1373520681.083015.jpg
    ImageUploadedByChalkBucket1373520681.083015.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 119
Our colors are navy and Carolina blue and so our competition Leo is that color but they've decided for our practice Leo that we get to pick the color and everyone has a different color and I love how they look every year

at our old gym compulsories and Xcel wore the same comp leo and optionals had a different; but complimentary one. The boys had had the same uniform for YEARS; but that is going to have to change since they were Adidas and apparently aren't being made now. The girls leos do change every 2 years and it seems like they are not set on one color scheme.

For our new gym, I have no idea what the Xcel girls wear. The compulsory girls wear something different (but also complimentary to) than the optionals girls. The colors for the current leo and the last leo are similar color schemes; but I don't know if they will always use those colors. I guess we shall see when they pick out leos for next year.

The boys at the new gym have had the same uniforms for ages and apparently that isn't changing. Their colors (red and black) are totally different than the girls (seems to be pink, bright green, black, white).

What about the excel girls' leos? Do your gyms have them get the leos that the compulsories have, or the ones that the optionals have?
All of your girls... Compulsory, JO Optionals and Excel wear the same team leotard.

The colors changed from red and black to columbia blue (and navy and white with the columbia blue for warm ups) in 2007/08 because there were a 2-3 other teams in our district with red and black. We were the only ones with columbia blue. When he HAD to switch leotards in 2011/12 because ours were discontinued, we went with columbia blue, white, and black... which we had to change warm ups :( ... the old ones were perfectly fine and the new ones were GK, but not as good- no pockets, not lined for wearing outside in the winter, basic black, wrinkled easily, couldn't be ironed or they would melt.

This season, we are changing again because GK didn't bother to tell us they were making our "new" leos into special order the next year or that December 2013 would be the last time they would be even available as special order. We are going with columbia blue and black again. http://www.alphafactor.com/products/womens/long-sleeve-leotards/3 but with the columbia blue where the red is.
I have not seen the warm ups, but I am hoping for a little color on them.

Some of the teams we compete against have changed colors recently and one that had been red and black FOREVER is changing because they misunderstood the Y branding rules and think they have to choose from one of 4 color schemes. It stinks for the girls that just shelled out $250 last year for their Optionals leotards and warm-ups last season.

No official team color over here but as it was the only color everyone was comfortable with, the leos always ended up being blue.
Last year some idiot decided to get WHITE warm up jackets... I will never forget that first out of town meet where they had PASTA for dinner the night before and the girls walked into the meet with a lot of nice, small, red accents on their jackets...:mad: As long as I'm present and the jackets are white, there will be nothing including tomatos. Never. Again.

Our colors are black, white and green. Most of the moms and female coaches don't care for the green, but it is what it is and the boys team wear the same colors, so.... Hot pink is out, lol! Our comp leos change every 2-3yrs, they were long sleeved from L5-up last year, now we're changing them this year and L4-up will have the long sleeved ones, I believe L3 will get tanks. Optional and compulsories wear the same leos, but I think have different warm ups.

Oh Redford thanks or the "white jackets" tip....DD's white competition jacket arrived the other day. Note to self....eat nothing which might stain!

We are not allowed to do that here. When you design a team leotard and tracksuit it needs to be sent to the Gymnastics governing body to keep on file to ensure all gyms are different.

Gyms keep the same colours usually the entire time they are in operation. Occasionally a gym will change its colours but it will be after about 15 years.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back