WAG Teeth pulled.. gym right after??

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

kassgymnast_

Gymnast
I'm getting a tooth pulled today at 3. I have gym at 5. Will I be able to go to gym after I get it pulled? I've never had a tooth pulled so I don't even know what to expect.. Most people tell me they don't feel anything so I assumed I should be fine to go to gym afterwards. Would I? Or would I be limited to what I can do? Or just not go at all??? (not my first choice)

I'd suggest taking the day off - especially since your mouth may still be numb - it depends on which anesthetic your dentist uses and your own body chemistry. That's an injury waiting to happen.

I'd suggest taking the day off - especially since your mouth may still be numb - it depends on which anesthetic your dentist uses and your own body chemistry. That's an injury waiting to happen.

what if i just went and did conditioning? or not go until my mouth isn't numb ?

I think it might depend on what got pulled? My DD had a tooth that was loose and coming out and she had a part of it break off and the rest did not come out. So we went to the dentist and he pulled the remaining part out. She went to gym and was just fine. :) That said, I don't think it was as invasive of a procedure as having an entire tooth pulled, so I would just see how you feel.

My daughter went after 2 teeth but they were baby teeth. Really if it is local novacaine. I wouldn't worry. I would ask the dentist and see how you feel.

Depends on what anesthetic you're using but my daughter always just did conditioning right after a tooth was extracted.

If it was only local anesthetic, and you are feeling fine, you can probably go in and stretch and condition. It's probably not a good idea to go upside down and get the blood rush to your head right after you had a tooth pulled.

update: i did go to gym. I worked out normally. (we had open gym however as it is spring break, not many girls at gym and we just had a meet) I worked new skills and was able to do giants. For those of you asking I just got my last baby tooth pulled since my tooth was growing over it. My dentist told me i wouldn't be able to go to gym after but I did, and was fine.

glad it went well but it is usually really not recommended. working out makes your blood flow increase which can cause extra beeling, swelling, pain and the like. just not worth it.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back