The balancing act with school and gym

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

gymgurl

Coach
Gymnast
well i have recently started gymnastics again and am going into open level 4 in Australia. This means i am training 7.5 hrs a week - I know its not much but it is a big jump from 2 hrs a week. My mum is making me trial it for a term and if i am not on top of things i have to cut back to 2hrs and because i really love the sport i want to do as much of it as i can. Luckily i am generally the person that can get away with 70+% without studying - this is only for some subjects though and i need help finding the time to complete hw and any other suggestions - should i start studying in the holidays?

Also i am in Australia and have been put into Open Level 4 could someone tell me what that is in regular levels?

So you probably practice 3 days a week after school? For 2.5 hrs each? So you'd get home at 6 or 7 at night, right? When you get home, you do your homework and study if you haven't done it in a study period or at lunch. So you shouldn't go to bed too late unless all of your teachers assign a lot of homework on one day. Make sure you don't procrastinate and utilize all of your classtime. Often teachers don't fill up their class 100% so use this extra time to review (I'm talking about if your teacher is talking about something you already know or something irrelevant).

well just to help you answer my general schedule is M: get home at 4, get ready for gym at 4:30 and leave at 4:45 and get back at 7:45 same on wednesday - (i have only friday totally free) saturday for 3 hrs

Oh, that's annoying. My school gets out at 3:30 and gym starts at 4:00, so I just go straight to gym. If the gym is open (has rec classes or another practice), you could go straight to gym from school and work on your homework or read during the downtime. If you can't do that, just start your homework as soon as you get home and try to get one subject or half of one subject done before you go to gym. Then start the rest as soon as you get home again and you should be done by 10:00, including dinner. Good luck!

well on mondays i go straight to gym (3:30 to 7:30) and then homework after. wednesdays (5-9) i homework some before and some after. friday i do work on sunday because i have all sunday afternoon.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back