The Olympic Torch has arrived in the UK!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

marie83

Coach
Judge
So Exciting! The torch has now arrived in the UK!
It's in my town next Thursday, just down the road from our club, so we are taking the gymnasts to see part of the relay!

It gets over to us at the end of June and we will definitely be going along to see it. It will hit the city where my daughter does gym, so we will try and see it there, but the next day it comes to our nearest small town where we will for sure. I feel really silly but I think I will probably cry!

I got tickets for the diving in this weeks round of tickets!

I tried and tried for the gymnastics (again) but no luck. It has been so hard to get any tickets, out of my family and friends we've managed the diving and a couple of football, but we requested so many between us all.

It's in my town next Thursday, just down the road from our club, so we are taking the gymnasts to see part of the relay!
Very exciting and I like how you are taking the gymmies to see it :) Looking forward to watching all the action from London!!!

Oh dear, I've just confirmed that there is officially no hope for me...having logged on to the BBC website with my 5 year old, to watch live coverage of the torch being carried along in a vehicle and then carried through the streets of Newquay, hundreds of miles away, I'm all emotional already!

I am so excited that, after many attempts, I got some tickets last week! Not to the women's, couldn't get those (even though I was sat with my finger over the button as the pips went at 11 o clock), but to the men's qualifying round. At first I thought it was a shame not to be going to the women's but the more I think about it the more excited I get.

We went to see the qualifiers in January and were on the front row of the O2 and had a fantastic time. The GB men were amazing, DD screamed herself hoarse and got her picture taken with some of the team, and there were two GB gold medal ceremonies. Also we have tickets to the British Championships in June where some of her club women will be competing. So actually we're doing pretty well!!

What a wonderful experience for your gymnasts to see the torch as a group! I grew up in Los Angeles and remember getting up at some unearthly hour to watch the torch relay in 1984. I remember being confused about why they were running so slowly--I expected them to be sprinting instead of jogging, I guess because I thought it was very important for them to get the flame to the stadium as quickly as possible.

Well, we off we went to watch the relay today! Got there about 30 mins in advance and got ourselves a great spot! about 20 mins after we arrived, along came the bus and dropped the next torch bearer off right where we were!!! How cool is that?! We had no idea that would be where the next torch would be lit.
Got a vid up on youtube but its only off my phone so not great, but you can just about make out the torch being lit. The gymnasts absolutely loved it and were shouting for everyone that went past! They even got a high five off a policeman! lol!

Watching the Olympic Torch Relay, Kidderminster - YouTube

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back