Parents Time for a little brag...

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

ChalkBucket may earn a commission through product links on the site.

UnoMas

Proud Parent
Little DD, who started L4 in April, got her standing BHS without a spot today (on the trampoline, but still!:)). So proud of her! Way to go, little gymmie! She's so proud of her brand new "big girl" skill!

(she's been doing RO BHS with a lighter and lighter spot on the floor this week so I am hoping she can move it to floor soon, too!;))

oh, and tiny DD did her backward roll today too by herself! What a fun day in gym-land for my girls!:)

whoo hoo for them!! I can relate...it IS a big deal to get that BHS and ROBHS....my daughter was over the moon when she could do hers!! Big cheeky grin from ear to ear for days!!

Enjoy!!

and whoo hoo for tiny dd, too. back rolls are HARD!! she should be very proud of herself! My tiny ds won't even attempt one, lol!:D

AWESOME!!! That's a really big skill to get! I remember Liv being very excited to "tumble"!!

I remember Abby getting hers. Such a fun time! That first really big skill!! Woohoo!!

Funny thing, Abby hasn't done standing back handsprings on floor in forever (the coach that used to have them do them a lot left last November) and she had to do some at camp. She said they weren't pretty. LOL.

Funny thing, Abby hasn't done standing back handsprings on floor in forever (the coach that used to have them do them a lot left last November) and she had to do some at camp. She said they weren't pretty. LOL.

Our girls only do them in warmup...it's kind of strange. But for some reason our HC works on the standing BHS on the tramp first when they are just learning. My older DD learned them that way, too.

I bet Abby is getting excited for L5!!!:D

Our girls only do them in warmup...it's kind of strange. But for some reason our HC works on the standing BHS on the tramp first when they are just learning. My older DD learned them that way, too.

I bet Abby is getting excited for L5!!!:D

She is definitely excited about L5. She got grips, but isn't really loving them. She took them to camp in hopes of breaking them in a bit. She has had a tough time coming back from her wrist injury (mentally) and then she lost another coach at her gym, so she has been a bit off. She still loves gym and always wants to go, which is good. I think camp is going to be a great thing for her, no real expectations from coaches there since they don't know her and she can just be with her a bunch of her old teammates and just have fun.

Congratulations to both your DDs on their new skills! I'm sure you and your girls are very proud! I agree about the BHS, once they get that skill, good luck trying to get them to stop.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back