Tip toe walking

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Hi
My daughter is learning back and front walkovers , on back walkover the coach keeps telling her to put her foot flat when going into back bend . How do I help her do this at home.
She is a toe walkover by nature so this is a hard thing for her to stop

Has a tendency to be a toe-walker, you should take her to a physical therapist for an evaluation. The PT can give her targeted stretches and exercises that with help her improve her gymnastics and avoid injury.

Thankyou for the reply she has sensory issues so we know it comes from that, she did used to go to pyshio for hypermobility but I think your right about getting her reassessed. I'm just worried that her coach is not taking in that she can't get her foot flat

Thankyou for the reply she has sensory issues so we know it comes from that, she did used to go to pyshio for hypermobility but I think you’re right about getting her reassessed. I'm just worried that her coach is not taking in that she can't get her foot flat
Chronic toe walking can cause a shortening of the heel cords, which is a genuine orthopedic problem. Sometimes kids need orthotics or other treatments to correct it. After you get the eval, set up a meeting with the coach to share the highlights. Good luck.

I’d see a PT, and also connect with the coach and let them know what’s going on / keep them updated. Finding a good PT was the best thing we ever did, we see them every few months for a few visits it seems for something, and they just text back and forth with my daughters coaches now.

on back walkover the coach keeps telling her to put her foot flat when going into back bend . How do I help her do this at home.

When spotting her... hold her foot down by the ankle.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back