Tips and help.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Hey guys! So I was invite into the t&t team at my gym and of course I accepted because it was my goal to get in team when I joined gymnastics, and any team is a team. So I'm on team and we start meets in the fall and there is only one skill I still need. My bhs and rhbs. So my coach says I'm () that close to getting it but I'm not so sure. So you have any tips for getting the standing bhs and rhbs without a spot? I think it might be confidence too. Oh and also tips for t&t and t&t meets in general. Thanks!

Remember, your coach AND teammates believe in you.
If you know you can do the skill, step away for a minute. Do a simple cartwheel. Make sure it's perfect. Then, with confidence, step onto the floor (or wherever your going to do it) and just SET and Go and don't stop to think. Your only concern should be about sticking it.

Hey guys! So I was invite into the t&t team at my gym and of course I accepted because it was my goal to get in team when I joined gymnastics, and any team is a team. So I'm on team and we start meets in the fall and there is only one skill I still need. My bhs and rhbs. So my coach says I'm () that close to getting it but I'm not so sure. So you have any tips for getting the standing bhs and rhbs without a spot? I think it might be confidence too. Oh and also tips for t&t and t&t meets in general. Thanks!

Congrats on making the team...T&T is exciting and fun and you will love it!

For your bhs, do a lot of hand stand push-ups (against a wall to help with balance.) Also lots of back walkovers to get the flexibility. Beyond that, just do what the coach advises and you WILL get it, especially since you are so close. Plus, don't stress, you have a lot of time before meet season begins!

Meets are fun, just go out and do your best!

Yep. Lots of leg lifts for ab strength. Pushups, dips or handstand pushups for shoulder strength. Squats, preferably weighted or lunges weighted for leg strength.

Make your body strong, listen to your coaches, and once you commit to the skill you are committed to the skill, so go for it.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back