WAG TOPs - How's it Going

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

windydays

Proud Parent
For those families participating in TOPs this year, how is it going? How are the national testers selected - top 80 in each age group or top 250 all around? Seems like as soon as you "think" you have figured something out, it changes. What would be considered a "good" score?

Our first year testing TOPs. All the gymnasts testing seem so good! It is a bit intimidating:)

From what I understood from testing last year they don't have a set # they take to nationals each hear (top 80) etc it's based on overall scores from all girls then they release what score it takes to make the national testing. Once they do that your coach will you. There are tons of old threads relating to TOPS which you'll find incredibly helpful. good luck to your dd

There is a cut off score for each age group which really equates to the top 65-75 in each age group as far as I recall for national testing. Things may have changed. Good luck to your daughter.

I am trying to figure out how to calculate her score. Now they do strength and skills. I thought that the older the gymnast gets, the more skills count versus the strength score. My daughter is maxing on strength, but not on skills.

I am trying to figure out how to calculate her score. Now they do strength and skills. I thought that the older the gymnast gets, the more skills count versus the strength score. My daughter is maxing on strength, but not on skills.
60% skills, 40% physical abilities(strength) for 8,9 & 10 year olds this year.(7 year olds only do the phys abilities)

Wow! They counted 30/70 for 8 yr olds 40/60. 9 yr olds and 60/40 only for 10 yr olds in previous yrs. sounds like they are really putting more emphasis on skills

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back