Parents TOPs testing .. how's it going?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I haven't heard anything, but just out of curiosity, what scores did you hear?

I hadn't heard any cut offs. Someone just told me the score of their gymnast who made it, which is below the posted number. So just curious if there was a miscommunication or a mistake.

My gym told a TOPS parent (not me, but I heard from this parent) that the cut-off for 9 year olds was 80. I had also heard a few weeks ago that one of our girls (testing age 9) had just scored a 78 or 79... she did not make the cut/was not on the list. ETA: If the numbers above are correct, it is interesting to me that there was such a big jump in scores between 8 and 9 year olds (especially considering the physical abilities/skills seem take a big jump between those two age groups), but not as big a difference between age 9 and 10. Wonder why it worked out that way?

Just curious as to if it's truly the top 100 in each age group at the state testing level.. nowhere on the TOPs site does it have that information.. I believe they allow a certain number from each state based on state size and number of gymnast.. or else there would only be girls from Texas and California at the national testing..

It's the
Just curious as to if it's truly the top 100 in each age group at the state testing level.. nowhere on the TOPs site does it have that information.. I believe they allow a certain number from each state based on state size and number of gymnast.. or else there would only be girls from Texas and California at the national testing..

It's the top 100 scores regardless of the state they're from. Not all the gyms in TX and CA even do TOPs...also there are talented girls in lots of states.

It's the

It's the top 100 scores regardless of the state they're from. Not all the gyms in TX and CA even do TOPs...also there are talented girls in lots of states.
I agree there are talented girls from other states..I didn't imply that there aren't. That's why I don't think it's literally the top 100 scores. Can you for instance find where it states that it's done by scores only? I can't ..

I don't know how else they could do it. Everyone else has their score and their are clear cut offs.
Now, once you're at National Testing there are other factors.

There are cutoffs for National Testing as well...what do you think the other factors would be? I'm genuinely curious!

At National testing some girls are invited to DIC simply for looking very strong on bars even if they don't test well in other areas. I like many of you am confused why someone would believe other factors than scores determine who goes to national testing. Kinda sad when adults question the process when it doesn't fit their desired results. With all the conspiracies in the world I highly doubt there is one for determining which girls ages 8-10 get invited to test for gymnastics.....

Reactions: sce

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back